Chapter 17

PLEASE VOTE IN THE COMMENTS SOME GIRL AND GUY BABY NAJES FOR ONE OF MY OTHER STORIES!!!!

Ladies! Listen up!" Silvia barks, strutting into the room in her stilettos, the familiar clock of the heels on the ground. "This week is a very important event..."

"Miss Silvia," Queen Amberley murmurs From her hiding place in the doorway, thoroughly silencing Silvia. "I think it would be best if I introduced the event to the ladies."

"Uh.....of course. Of course, your majesty. I just thought..."

"No big deal, Sil. It's understandable. You've always introduced this particular event in the past, but this time it's different. They must be fair. We talked about this in the meeting room, if I'm correct?"

"Uh...yes, Queen Amberley. Go ahead," She stuttered, stepping to the side.

The queens satin dress rubbed against my legs as she passed. She smiled kindly at me and looked up, preparing to address us on whatever our next event may be.

"This event has been held many times in the past," Queen Amberley began. "But never to such an extent. We hold it for large, new groups of advisors. We've held it for Prince Maxon multiple times. And we've held it for other little circumstances and such. And it's time to hold it for you. The convicting."

I gasped. I remembered the convicting. It's where new royal forms of importance are tested on there sense of justice and fairness. They hold it to make sure you won't abuse you're power. No one ever knows whether or not one passes because you never really see advisors. They could all pass or fail. Pass is more likely though, because I've never see someone not convict they're convictee. Except Maxon or Amberley of course. But....could I Send someone to jail if I didn't see it fit?

"A criminal will be placed in front of you and you I'll convict them. Send them to jail, to they're punishment, or worse."

No ones ever been killed that I can remember, but I don't know what she might throw at us as a test.

Silvia finally speaks. "Packets with what to say have already been sent to You're rooms. Study them, memorize them, breathe them for the next couple of days. The convicting will take place on this up and coming Thursday. In 3 days."

I pursed my lips and bit my tongue to keep from screaming out my protest. It would be alright, right?

~oOo~

The knocks were hesitant. And they should be. I hadn't seen him in 2 days plus the added weight of the convicting. I'm petty and angry and not happy with him.

"Come in. Or don't. Doesn't matter to me," I grumbled.

The door opened and chocolate orbs peeked in. "So you're angry than?"

I sent him a death glare. "You think?"

"I'm sorry. I've been busy..."

I sighed and pouted slightly. "I know. And I shouldn't be angry about that, but I've been stressed. And I missed you."

"I missed you too, Ames," he murmured, running a hand through his golden locks.

"Than why are you standing on the other side of the room?"

"I'm not sure you won't shoot me if I approach enemy lines..."