Chapter 8

"So were they really balancing books on your head when you were only 3 years old!" I laughed. I was actually really intrigued. I had gone to the library to read a book and Maxon just happened to also be in there. We laughed and started talking about our favorite books, which lead to him telling the story of how Miss Silvia taught him about posture.

"Oh yes. Posture means everything to miss Sylvia. And they weren't just normal books. They were dictionaries, thesauruses, and encyclopedia," H explained.

I laughed even harder. "When I was three my parents were trying to figure out what I was good at. I tried finger painting, but I was 3, so how good could I be at that. But when I started banging about on the piano, well my mom declared it as destiny. I could of been a painter, but no."

"Our parents were really mean."

"Cheers to that," I agreed.

"So what's your absolute favorite book?" Maxon asked.

I hit him playfully. "I already told you, Maxon. There's too many books to choose just one."

"No, if the world is about to end. And the only way to save it is to choose your favorite book, what would you choose?" he asked.

"I don't know," I looked down sheepishly. "Probably Pride and Prejudice."

"That's an interesting pick."

"What. No, no. Are you insulting my favorite book? You made me choose a favorite and now I'm being insulted for it!"

"It's just...It takes a while to really like the book," He says trying to backtrack.

"Well you should leave your opinions to yourself," I poured slightly.

He side hugged me. "No. Don't be made at me!"

"Okay!" I laughed.

~oOo~

"Mary, hurry up!" I laughed.

"Why are you so happy?" Mary asked.

"I just had a good day, that's all," I giggled.

"How could you have a good day!?" Anne exclaimed. "It's Saturday! You hate Saturday's! You literally told me on Friday that you were dreading tomorrow because all you do is sit around in the womens room all day!"

"Well I found the library and got my nose stick in a good book," I said blushing, and looking down.

"Okay! Okay! The dress is finished. But we need to hurry. Dinner is literally in 7 minutes!" Mary exclaimed.

They helped me into the dress. It was a simple two piece burgundy dress with a simple skirt and a lacy top. Lucy pinned up the back and Mary freshened up my Chris. Anne came charging at me with a pair of burgundy heals.

"Okay. You're ready with..." she looked up at the clock. "Zero seconds to spare! Your late! Go, go, go!!!"

I was pushed out of the room and I rushed down to the ding hall. Aspen was on duty.

"Hey there, Aspen!" I greeted.

"America, your late," he replied.