Epilogue #2

The country has flourished under the rule of America and Maxon Schreave. Illea has realized that the rule of both a King and Queen has been nothing but beneficial to the country. America did not want her sons to go through what Maxon went through, having to grow up as a prince but never be a King. So she introduced a law that would forever change the fabric of the country, allowing Men to rule again. Her son, Calix, would he the future heir of Illea.

This epilogue begins 12 years after the last one ended. Calix Schreave is 18 and just as immature as the day he pulled Journey Fadayes pigtails. He is a true ladies man, who woos every girl, princess and maid alike. Though no one ever gets further then a smile with the future King of Illea, for he only has eyes for one lady. One who wants nothing to do with him...

~oOo~Calix's Point of View~oOo~

A young, blonde maid walked out into the hallway, carrying a tray of tea and wearing a smile. As soon as she spotted me, she smirked. She stared me down and I internally groaned. She was strutting down the hallway in a matter of seconds, in a way I suppose was supposed to be sexy. But the maids uniforms weren't very flattering and I wasn't into blondes. The look she was giving me, which I suppose was supposed to be seductive, just made her look like she had something in her eye. But I guess she didn't notice my disinterest.

"Your majesty," She purred, standing closer then I believe is protocol. "Can I get you some tea? Or something else?"

I stepped back, putting a suitable amount of space between me and the inappropriately behaving staff member. "I'm good. A maid retrieved me some tea a few minutes ago."

The maid frowned, seemingly out of reasons to talk to me. My gentlemanly upbringing wouldn't allow me to leave her sad. Dad always said he never knew how to comfort crying women and that he would not let me be raised the same way.

"But..." I trailed off. "I'll probably be needing another cup of tea in a few hours."

The maids mood seemed to go from 0 to 10 in seconds. She walked away smuggly, shaking her hips as she went. I'd never understand why all the maids seemed to think bringing me tea was getting somewhere.

"Ugh!" Somebody scoffed from behind me. Journey Fadaye came barging past me, her signature scowl on her face. She didn't spare me a glance, already on her way to somewhere else. Journey never had time for me.

"Journey!" I called, running after her. I grabbed her wrist and spun her around.

"Don't touch me!" She yelped, ripping her hand from my grasp. She turned to keep walking and I kept a steady pace next to her.

"You still mad at me?" I asked, my feet in tune with hers. There was no response. "Because I pulled your pigtail 12 years ago?"

She came to a sudden stop and I almost tripped over my own feet trying to stay next to her.

"Because your a pig. A man who flirts with women for his own amusement!" Journey was angry, the only mood she ever had when talking to me. She was beautiful when she was angry. "And if you really must know, yes. I am upset that you pulled my pigtails when we were 6. Because you've been nothing but rude since."

"Why won't you give me a chance, Journey? We grew up with each other and the only words you've said to me have been insults and sarcastic comments. All I ask of you is a conversation."

Her face softened. "Your right. I should give you a chance."

"Really?" I asked, surprised.

"No," She snapped, the scowl returning to her face. She was already shooting off down the hallway.