Mountain Dew and Doritos

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Attention students, Prom tickets will go on sale Friday morning outside the cafeteria. That is all for today, have a wonderful evening.” The lady said over the intercom at school telling us that we could leave.

So prom is coming up in about three weeks. I told cutter I wanted to go, but he hasn’t asked me yet. When he does I hope it’s something really cute.

By then I made it to my locker, put my binders away. Cutter wasn’t here today because he said he had a doctor appointment or something. He really wasn’t telling me anything beside that he would be over after school. Today I realized how much better Cutter makes my days better at school because I never really realized how much he really entertains me during classes or on the drive to and from school.

I walked to my truck and drove to the store because I was really craving a mountain dew and some Doritos, My favorite.  There was a western store next door that I decided to go to because I had nothing better to do. What a big mistake that was, I ended up buying another pair of boots.  They were brown and the top had a blue design.

I went home and sat on the couch putting on my new boots and started eating my chips and drink while watching TV.  Just as I finished my chips I got a text message from Cutter, It said “Come Outside.” I thought I heard his truck outside a few minutes ago but I wasn’t sure.

I cleaned my hands off from the chips and then walked outside. Sitting at the end of my drive way was cutters truck covered in mud with “PROM?” written big through the mud on the side. Cutter was sitting on the end of the bed looking down wearing a cowboy hat with a big bouquet of roses in his hands.

I started walking towards him and he looked up smiling. He jumped off the truck and walked closer to me.

“My beautiful soon to be wife, would you go to prom with me?” He said handing me the roses.

“Of course I will.” I said laughing and giving him a hug and kiss.

“Are those new boots?” He asked with a crooked smile

“Maybe I had nothing else to do since you were avoiding me." I laughed clicking the toes of the boot together.

"Sorry baby girl, it was all for a good cause though." He laughed handing over the flowers.