Yelled

Let me know if you like Chris' POV. If you want me to stick to Athena's, I can try but no promises! The book is almost over anyways :(

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chris' POV 

It's time to die down. Athena and I have both been crying messes tonight. She's curled up in a ball on the other side of the bed, away from my hold. I don't think she knows I'm awake, but I am. She's lightly sniffling, her breaths are shaking. I turned over to cradle her, but before I can even touch her, she stands up and wobbled to the door, "I'm sorry," she whispered before walking down the hall. Why would she be sorry? I rubbed the side of my face and stood up. I used the bathroom and walked downstairs. I noticed her sitting at the dining table, laying on her arms. I noticed blood pooling out from her elbows. 

I ran down and held her up, "Athena, baby! Fuck!" Her eyes rolled back and that's when I noticed all the blood. She had a huge knife under her arm, and her wrists were slain. I roared and carried her to the bathroom. I ran the bath and held her fragile body in my arms, "No, no, no, no, no! Please, no. Why would you do that," I cried out. She was so perfect! 

I quickly undressed and put her in the warm tub, "Please, please wake up! Athena, come on!" the water quickly flushed red as her arms entered. My eyes poured tears, hoping Athena would wake up. I held her hands and wiped the blood, over and over again but nothing was working. 

I felt my heart shatter, my world smash, my life crumble. I love her so much, I couldn't even focus on breathing while I saw her in this state. Her head rolled to the other shoulder, and her breathing hitched, "Athena! Why the fuck did you do that? Are you okay? Shit, h-why?" I asked. My heart felt relieved but still broke,

"Just l-leave me. G-go away! I don't w-want you to see me li-like this," She covered her body, but the water was so dark I couldn't see it. 

"You could've died! I'm never leaving your side ever again! Please, please, please don't ever do that again. I couldn't afford to lose someone else that I love. D-don't cut, Char- Athena. P-please don't cut," I kissed her new marks, showing as much affection as I could,

"C-Chris, we just got ou-our baby taken away from u-us. You c-c-..." she took long breaths. I held her cheek, "... You can't tell me not to c-cut," 

"Baby, you were progressing so far. I was so damn proud of you-"

Athena started shaking horribly, "C-Chris, something's happening!" she yelled before her neck twisted.

-

I jolted awake. I looked around, Athena was on my chest. Thank fuck she was okay, that was by far the worst dream I've ever had! I saw her eyes were glistening with tears, then she abruptly shook up, "Chris?" she mumbled in her sleep, then cuddled closer to me. I don't think she knew I was awake yet, "Don't go," she murmured. This was the second time she slept-spoke. I hugged her tighter and kissed her forehead. She was calming down and kept quiet. I couldn't sleep after what I just dreamt, plus it just wouldn't be right to continue that nightmare. 

I tried everything to get that scene out of my mind. Her blood everywhere, her body violently shaking, then her head twisting 180⁰. I will never forget about dreaming that. 

I caressed her hair, it was surprisingly completely soft. It made me so mad to see her in that sorry state. I hated seeing her hurt- it made Cole extremely furious.

-

Athena woke up a couple of hours later, and I remembered the dream so I hugged her immediately. She hugged me too, I don't want to know what was going on in that pretty head of hers, "I love you so much, baby," I whispered,