Pre Epilogue

(THIS IS NOT THE COMPLETE EPILOGUE. I MIGHT ADD SOME BONUS CHAPTER IF Y'ALL WANT... BUT IDK. IM BUSY WITH TWO OTHER BOOKS (I'm not telling you about yet) SO I HAVE TO DO IT WHEN I HAVE TIME.)

Athena's POV & Five Months Later

Once I slipped into the dress, Kat and Amanda stared at me. I looked down, scared that there was a stain. Nothing. I quickly turned to the mirror and looked at myself. The pink champagne color was beautiful, it was sexy, but not overwhelmingly so. My hair was down with loose curls. The veil was attached to a silver tiara and it flowed far past my feet. My shoes were pink champagne pumps. My makeup was light and not overly done, I looked and felt pretty. I reached to the dresser and slid on the golden bracelet Chris bought me for our first Christmas together. It was 11:41 am. Four minutes before I had to go out. I felt butterflies in my stomach, I was so nervous. Kat and Amanda quickly hugged me before running out. The bridesmaids' dresses were gold and form fitting, just until the waist, then it's loose and flowy.

I took a deep breath as Chris' father, Charles, told me it was time. I chained arms with him and nodded, then we walked to the door. The door opened and I came in contact with some stairs. My legs wobbled so much, I feared I would slip and fall. But no, I gripped onto the railing and stepped down slowly. I could feel all the eyes on me, but one pair stood out. Chris. He was staring at me. I blushed and looked up, everyone was standing with their necks down, submission. As I walked by, they looked up at me and smiled, making me smile back.

You look stunning.

I looked up at Chris and smiled, making tears swell up in my eyes. I have been waiting for this day since I was a little girl. Chris grabbed my shaking hands, but soon giggled when I realized he was shaking too. He looked really good in suit, especially for me. The Vicar started talking, "Dearly Beloved, we are gathered together here in the sign of God – and in the face of this company – to join together this man and this woman in holy matrimony, which is commended to be honorable among all men; and therefore – is not by any – to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly – but reverently, discreetly, advisedly and solemnly. Into this holy estate, these two persons present now come to be joined. If any person can show just cause why they may not be joined together – let them speak now or forever hold their peace." he paused and waited for anybody to object. I felt my heart stammer out of my chest,

"Marriage is the union of husband and wife in heart, body, and mind. It is intended for their mutual joy – and for the help and comfort have given one another in prosperity and adversity. But more importantly – it is a means through which a stable and loving environment may be attained.

"Through marriage, Christopher Pleddine and Athena Wesbrokke make a commitment together to face their disappointments – embrace their dreams – realize their hopes – and accept each other's failures. Christopher Pleddine and Athena Wesbrokke will promise one another to aspire to these ideals throughout their lives together – through mutual understanding – openness – and sensitivity to each other.