5

"We were both young when I first saw you. I close my eyes and the flashback starts, I'm standing there, on a balcony in summer air."

-

Shawn ended up staying the night last night. We fell asleep on the couch, him holding me all night.

I got out of his grasp and made us some breakfast. I had a box of muffin mix, so I made it, because muffins are his favorite.

While they were in the oven he came out, and his hair was a mess. He smiled at me and I smiled back.

"What's cooking good looking?" He asked and I laughed. I felt like my best friend was back.

"Only your favorite. Muffins!" I said and he grinned, ear to ear.

"You know me so well." He smiled.

I pulled the muffins out of the over and Shawn tried to grab one.

"Calm down, they're still hot." I laughed. This boy will burn his hand for a damn muffin.

Once the cooled down, I grabbed one for him and myself and we sat at the table. I took a picture of my muffin and Shawn with his and posted it to Instagram. I captioned it,

"muffins and casual conversations. @shawnmendes"

"I'm sorry about last night. I didn't want to make you cry." I said to Shawn.

"Hey don't worry about it. I cried because you're such a brave person and I feel so terrible that I wasn't there for you. But I'm glad you made it. Just look at you now. You're beautiful, intelligent, talented and much much more. I've really missed you." He says. I smile very big.

"Thank you. And I've missed you too. And if it weren't for that guitar of yours that you gave me, I would probably still be depressed, back in Toronto. So again, thank you." I said and got up to give him a hug.

"When do you go back on tour? I heard you just had an album come out." I asked.

"Next week. But I'm thinking of pushing it further. I don't want to leave you again." He said looking down at his half eaten muffin.

"What? No you have to go. I want you to sing your heart out on every stage, just like you did in all the school talent shows." I laughed.

"Oh god don't bring it up." He laughed.

"I remember the one show where you sang No Scrubs by TLC. That was my favorite." I broke out into laughter. He tried to hold back his laugh, but he couldn't.

We sat there for some hours, remembering the memories we've had together. We laughed, and we cried because we laughed so hard. At these moments it felt like we were the only two in the world. Time stopped and it was just us and our memories.

"Do you wanna come back to my place? There's someone I want you to meet." I nodded my head. I went up and changed into Nike shorts and a t-shirt and I put my hair up into a bun. We both took separate cars, so I could drive home.

His house was beautiful, and there was another car in the driveway. His house was two stories and I'm sure there's a pool in the back like mine. We both got out of our cars and walked up to the front door. He opened up the door and we walked in. A girl was sitting on the couch watching TV.

"Hey Camila, come here." He said with a smile. The gorgeous brown haired got up from the couch and walked to me with a smile.

"This is my bestfriend from Toronto, Sarah. Sarah this is my girlfriend Camila." He said. My heart dropped when he said girlfriend.

"Hi Sarah. Nice to meet you." She smiled. God, she is so pretty.

"Hi! You too." I said. "How did you two meet?" I asked and they both smiled.

"About a year ago Shawn's manager wanted us to do a collab, so we did. And it was basically love at first sight." She said. I smiled but on the inside I was crying. Not really, but you get the gist.

"Aw that's so sweet!" I said pretending to be happy for them. I can't imagine Shawn being with anyone.

"But I better get going, I have to do some things at home, but again it was nice meeting you. And Shawn it was nice seeing you and talking with you again. I really missed you. Bye guys!" I said and turned and walked out the door.

- Shawn's POV

"I don't like her." Camila said right when Sarah walked out the door.

"What? Why?" I asked. Sarah is such an amazing person. Leave it to Camila to decide who I can and can't be friends with.

"I just don't like her. I think she has some sort of feelings for you, and I don't want you around her." She said.

"You can't tell me who my friends are. She's been there for me forever. She's been through some terrible stuff since I've been gone. It's time for me to be there for her." I told her.

"Yeah? What has she gone through? Has she become too much of a slut?"

"Camila! Just stop! She's my friend whether you like it or not."

"Would you rather have your little friend or your girlfriend?" She snapped at me.

"Don't ask me to choose. You're both important to me." I told her. I can see this ending terribly.

"Me or her?"

"Camila-"

"Me or her?" She asked. After a while I gave her my answer.

"You."