Chapter 12

Chapter 12

*Before Abby left the group*

Nicole’s POV

Everyone else is now asleep except for me. I am the night guard tonight. I playfully slash my axe from side to side. I grabbed my dagger and also start playing it with my fingers. I miss my Daddy and Mommy. If they were here now, they would kill me for holding a knife. I chuckle at the thought. Kill. What a word. What a grand word for the situation were in. I remember the first time I came to this group.

“What is the point of this game if we can’t kill!?”

Someday, we have to fight each other. They grew close to me. Especially Lendin. Yes, we still hate each other but not that kind of hate. I enjoy our rants. She’s still annoying as hell though. Although I felt bad for her earlier. About her brother Alex. I thought Alex will be the winner this high school games because he scored higher than all of us.

I placed my axe and dagger back to my side and stare at the sky. Why are the teachers quiet tonight? What’s going on? I was deep in thought when a voice startled me.

“What are you thinking?” Abby said as she stands behind me.

I turned around facing her as I clench my heart.

“You! You almost killed me!!” I said as I gasp for air.

“Don’t temp me” she smiled while walking towards me.

“What do you want?” I asked her.

“I can’t sleep, so I’ll take watch tonight” she said.

“Oh” That’s the only thing that came out of my mouth.

I stood up and walked away. But then I stopped and faced her.

“I’m sorry about your brother” She stares at me and smiled. I returned a smile and went to bed. Or went to ground or whatever.

Abby’s POV

Ok 1...2...3...RUN...JUST RUN...Why am I not running!?...Did I forget how to run? Psh! Course not, that’s your specialty isn’t it Abby?

As soon as Nicole is out of sight, I plan to run and find Chase. But my legs don’t want to.

 “Come on, come on, and come on! This isn’t part of the plan!” I’m talking to myself again.

Ugh! Your legs are hopeless. Don’t tell me I’m getting attached to them? What happened to Be Numb huh? Use your Innocence huh? Kill them with no mercy huh!?

I’m screwed.

I stare at the forest for I don’t know how long when I sensed someone behind me. I grabbed my Sais and turned around. Gabriel is standing there with a hood on top of his head while he’s holding his spear on his right hand. Oh My Gosh, Blonde haired Percy Jackson.

“You know, if you’re trying to leave, No one’s stopping you.” He said.

“I know, It’s just my legs won’t move” I said matter of factly.

Then here goes the loong awwkward paause..

“Uhm.. this is nice but I have things to take care of” I said as I turn around and faced te woods again.

“How did he die?” he asked me.

“What?” I Once again faced him.

“How did he die?” he’s saying this like it’s not a big of a deal! Ass! He maybe saw my annoyed look because he sighed.

“Look, I’m sorry for your loss. Alex is a great guy. I’ve known him for two years. But you gotta face the fact that he’s not coming back.”