The High-school Games

Prologue~

***Samantha's POV***

Today isn't a normal day, and it will never be a normal day ever again. Today's the day all the 12 houses choose a boy and a girl from that house to go into the High school Games. It all started because 13 years ago, all the students decide to go against the teachers and the rules which caused the teachers to start the High school Games.

As I look around my house's sports centre, I could see fear in the girls eyes. All the following year 11 girls looked scared, this year we all have are name in it 20 times. Year 8 have their name in it 5 times, year 9; 10 times, year 10; 15 times and year 12; 25 times.

I looked at the year twelves and they looked clam, a bit to clam.

"Welcome students of the blue penguin house" My house leader spoke

"Today is a wonderful day, it's were blue penguin the last house, gets to choose which boy and girl gets to go into the High school Games" she smiled

I can't believe she's happy about this.

"So girls first" She placed her hand into the bowl and pulled out a white piece of paper. She opened it.

"Going in for our house out of the girls is...ROSE...ANNETTS"

As soon as that name was called, you could hear screaming. Screams coming from the year 8's. On the screen you could see two guards pulling a little girl with tears falling out of her blue eyes down her pale cheeks onto her school uniform. Her red hair tied into a bun showing her freckles.

I can't believe... I can't believe my sister got picked.

Before I could stop myself, I felt myself push through the sea of grade 11's and straight to Rose.

"ROSE!!!" I screamed as tears fell down my tan cheeks

"SAMMIE!!"" She cried

I was just so close to hugging her, tell her it was all going to be ok, when two guards came up and took my arms, pulling me back.

"ROSE!!!" I screamed

Before I could stop the words coming out of my mouth, I screamed.

"I VOLUNTEER, I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE!!"

I heard a few whispers coming from all around me.

"We have never had a volunteer before"

"I know, not in 13 years"

You could say my house isn't into the whole volunteering thing.

"Looks like we have a volunteer" My house leader smiled

The two guards let go of my arms and I walked to the front. Rose ran to me and hugged me, crying into my long brown hair.

"Why?" She cried

"I'm not letting you die" I felt tears running down my cheeks

Rose whipped the tears from my big brown eyes, and smiled.

I smiled and then made my way to the front.

"What's your name, young lady?"

"Samantha..Samantha Annetts" I spoked

"And I'm guessing that little girl there was your little sister"

"Yes and my only sister" I looked down

The house leader moved towards a different bowl.

"Now onto the boys!" She shoved her hand into the bowl and pulled out another white piece of paper