Chapter 15

Abby’s POV

There had been a change of plans. We all need to get out of the games.

But how?

I need Gabriel’s team to join The Rebellion? We rebel against the teachers of the school. Gabriel. I still can’t believe he told me he had a crush on me. But he has to ruin it by telling me he’s over it. If only he knew. I wish I knew him before this game. But no, I only first saw him at training. The funny thing is, I never liked guys. No, I’m not a lesbian. Let me rephrase. I never liked cocky guys, which, people in school are. But words fail me when I first saw him. And now, I don’t think I can face him anymore knowing I feel something for him and him over his feelings for me. But one way or another, we do need to unite. But finding Gabriel has to wait, right now, we need to fix something up. Until this moment, Sam hasn’t been saying anything. A few hours ago, he went out to clear up his mind while Samantha on the other hand stays in the barn and refuses to go out. The youngest girl here, I think her name is Brit – is in the barn with her. I wanted to go in there but there’s something off about today. The temperature increased a few minutes ago, the sky was clearer, and the space seemed to be wider.

“What do you think?” Ellina was behind me, scanning her surroundings. She felt it to.

“Something’s not right.” I whispered to her. Like telling her a secret and someone near wanted to know that secret.

We heard some ruffling of bushes. Instinctively, I grabbed my Sais from my belt. A shadow was coming towards us. I realized that my weapon is only for near combat. So, I glided them back to my belt and swung the bow that I found when I first saw Sammie, grabbed an arrow from my boot and aimed, loaded it on the bow, aiming it on the shadow. I was ready to shoot when I saw it was Sam. He was panting.

“You better see this.” His jaw is clenched

We ran into the forest. We pass tress every time when our feet touch the ground. We came out of the trees and saw a very wide road.

“How long has this been here?” I asked

“It was not here last week not maybe yesterday.” He replied

I turned to him.

“The teachers are planning something, and it’s not good.”

“Since when did the teachers do something good to us?” Ellina rolled her eyes

“I’m serious! We need a plan of action. I need to find the other group.”

“Ok, we’ll leave tomorrow.” Sam sighed

“We should be getting back, it’s getting dark. Fast.” He continued

As soon as we went back to the barn, it was dark. Some camped in the barn, some camped out. No one said a word. I took a place beside the camp fire and rested.

I woke up because of a commotion. I opened my eyes and saw no trees insight for kilometres away. What I’m sleeping on is a road. Did somebody move us while we were sleeping? The barn was still there. It was beside the road. All of them were awake now.