Chapter 7

~Alexander's POV~

I blink my eyes again and again as I now see snow falling from the sky. It's snowing? I got my sword and slowly stood up from where I lay earlier near my sister who is still sound asleep. It's awfully quiet this morning. Something is not right. I thought to myself. I walked away from our camp site to see if everything is alright when suddenly I heard a noise behind the bushes to my right. I aimed my sword on the bush. Someone popped out at from the bushes and it's exactly who I expected.

"Well, well, well, look what we have here. Mr Hotshot Alexander Lendin has come to play" he said while he walks around me. Like a predator surrounding its prey. Never taking my eyes off of him while aiming the sword at him, I greeted him back.

"Chase Hunt" I spat his name out. I never liked this guy. We were rivals at everything! Sports, who's the most popular, girls, you name it! I never wanted to have a competition but he's pushing me in to it.

"Ooh! I felt a hint of love from there" he teased as he placed both of his hands on his heart.

"What do you want Hunt?"

He didn't even answer my question, instead he leaned sideways trying to see something or someone behind me.

"Hey, is your sister there?" he smirked at me. My blood started boiling inside me. I tightly gripped my sword and aimed it on his face.

"Why the hell do you care?' I glared at him which made him chuckle

"I just wanna have fun, if ya know what I mean. I never seen any girls here since the game started" he winked at me

"You have to go through me first" I gritted my teeth as I say those words at him. He chuckled for a moment then suddenly his face became serious.

"No problem" and with that, he swiftly grabbed his sword from his back. He swayed his sword and clashed it into mine.

~Abby's POV~

I sat up straight when I realize my brother is no were in sight. I looked at the floor and sky and saw snow everywhere. How long was I asleep? I gripped my leather jacket as I look around.

"Alex? Alex?" I shouted in a whisper tone but no one answered

I silently cursed as I grabbed my twin sais from the floor and brisk walked away from our camp.

"Aw! Tired already Lendin?" a familiar voice said, not far away where I'm standing. I lowered my head and peaked on what was happening behind the huge rock. My eyes widen when I saw Chase pinning Alex from a huge tree. Chase's nose is bleeding and has a cut on his forehead. But my attention fell on Alex. His shirt is full of blood and I don't know who it is from. His face is full of dirt and blood everywhere.

"You wish!" Alex chocked

Think fast Abbs! I grabbed my twin sais and ran to attack him from the back but he's too fast. He swung his right arm and hit me on the face. I stumbled a little but gained balance again. I leaned out and swung my right leg up in air kicking his head from the back. He lets go of Alex's neck and fell on the floor while groaning. Alex fell on the floor. I hid my weapons behind me and immediately kneeled down and grabbed Alex's face.

"R-Run" he stuttered. He's so weak. Tears started to build up. I tried not to cry but obviously I'm failing.

"No, you'll be okay" I weakly smiled at him. He stared at someone behind me. I was about to look when a hand grabbed my fish-tail and dragged me out from Alex. I screamed at the top of my lungs then someone kicked me on the head.

"Do you like the feeling? Huh?" Chase shouted at my face. He kicked me again on the head. Hot fluid started dripping down my brows. My vision became blurry. Chase grabbed my cheeks in one hand and made me face Alex.