MOONLIGHT NINJA CHAPTER 17

Chapter 17

He was confused and totally uncertain. His mind hanging precariously at the edge of sanity.

He was not sure how he got himself tangled into this hazy web of confusion but there was one thing that he wanted to happen, that he would be emancipated from the insanity that had shackled him. An insanity that started when he met Lao Fang.

Lao Fang.

He didn't know what had drawn him to the boy but he felt like a moth near a flame. He just couldn't determine whether the flame would burn or warm him.

Well, call it curiosity but deemed only at the start for he'd be damned if he call this inexplicable emotion he was feeling as such. And, if he gauge what it truly was, it would most likely be called an obsession. An obsession that was akin to a festering wound that no medicine could ever heal for the boy was too adamant in feeding his curiosity with scraps called information. True, he had known some information about the boy based from what he said - if they were indeed true - and, of course, by secretly observing him when he was unaware but what little information Jinzhou Lu Wang Wei had and known had even encourage him to seek for more or was he hoping to discover something else?

Jinzhou Wang Wei touched his nosebridge as he was in a reflective trance. This wasn't good. His curiosity had turned insatiable to the point it could almost be called insane for nothing could appease it. Lao Fang was a puzzle - a mysterious puzzle that could never be solved.

He slowly walked on the forest ground following an invisible spiral path. He straightened his body, slowly raised both his arms away from each other, palms turned down and fingers bent pointing rigidly to the ground. Slowly, after he felt an otherworldly force seeped to his body, he raised his left knee, and did a dexterous somersault. He then ran towards a tree, kicked the trunk with both his feet and did another somersault. He then jumped high from the ground, released a series of swift kicks while he was in the air. When he finally landed on the ground, he panted heavily from exertion.

He breathed in deeply and closed his eyes. He waited for his mind to be cleared from the thing that bothered him but the exercise he performed had barely emancipated his mind. He was still confused - thoroughly confused.

What was with the ninja boy that made him curious? Why did he feel that he trust the boy but remained skeptical to his identity? What kind of madness had possessed him to feel so uncertain? What kind of insanity that had taken hold of his mind that conjured the fiery girl from the market every time he looked at the ninja boy?

Of course, Lao Fang could not be the girl in the market! The girl was too feminine; he could still remember how her strolling robe clung wonderfully to her body. How the intricate patterns of the rich royal blue silk enhanced her beautiful white and pink complexion whereas Lao Fang. He looked pale in the black imperial army cotton robe which size was obviously too big for his small built. They weren't one despite the similarity of their faces. Possibly, they could be related to each other. If that was the case, then the girl. . She could. . No, he didn't like where his thoughts lead him to.

He breathed deeply again as his heart beat became steadier and looked at the sky. It was still dawn and here he was in the forest, plagued by the boy who occupied the other side of the forest and the girl whose identity he had yet to discover.

He clenched his jaws together and howled in frustration as he took the javelin he had left to lean on the tree trunk and strike imaginary enemies with it.

One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Seven. Eight. Nine. Ten. Until he lost track of the number of strikes and hits he did with his javelin.

He should think of the war; it was the war and the enemies that should had bothered him. But unfortunately, it wasn't the war that bothered him but the emotion that was slowly flowering in his heart. He shook his head. He couldn't allow this certain madness to overcome him for it went against his nature and what he was used to.

One. Two. Three. . .

When his muscles felt numb after what seemed to be an infinite number of wind clashes he did using his javelin, he raised it with its sharp tip pointing to the ground, and then buried it to the hilt. He breathed heavily with desperation but even if he was panting for breath, his mind was filled with disquiet. He still had extreme difficulty deviating from the thought that disturbed him. If at any rate there had been any effect, it had became worst.

"Aggh!" He cried angrily in frustration and then with his fists clenched, he punched the rough trunk of a huge forest tree until his hands turned bloody raw and felt searingly painful.

What was this madness that possessed him?

He went down his knees and absentmindedly studied his severely wounded knuckles. He could see his blood trickling and small wooden debris protruding on the shallow part of his flesh.

He breathed heavily. He should not be confused, his mind reiterated. In fact, he should not feel at all.

Emotions always had adverse effect on him which was the reason why he'd became too detached and aloof. Every time things ran deeper than he preferred it to be, he automatically shut himself out. It made things simple that way - uncomplicated. It served pretty well throughout the years. Until now.

He violently shook his head and stood. He had more important things to think of and it would highly inconvenient of him to be bothered by what seemed to be futile. No one should bother him. No one could bother him. Not the unknown fiery girl who had stolen his heart. And, most especially, not the Ninja boy who reminded him of the girl.

No one.

----------------------

Author's Note:

Hello Readers!

I am sorry for the very long update. I am stressed but anyway, I did an update! Hahah

Oh, by the way, I am adding new scenes to Moonlight which aren't part of the original draft. I will add more adventure scenes-the bloodier, the better! Joke.. heheh, anyway, the scenes I am going to add will be more between Mei Ling and Jinzhou Wang Wei.

Brace yourself for more surprises and, of course, I am re-reading the previous chapters. I am going to edit them. I am doing more research now but, as I put in my disclaimer, I am not rigidly following historical facts. Moonlight is a fiction. MY FICTION.

Lastly, please read, vote and share.