MOONLIGHT NINJA CHAPTER 32

"My face on the Ground"

I walk slowly on the frozen ground
With my head stooped eerily down
The air painfully bites like a savage frost
And, here I am, I feel very lost
My heart is shackled in ice
Because the sun in me will never rise
My vulnerable heart is utterly broken
That I can even hear my own tragic requiem
If you dare touch me, I'll feel very cold
I have nothing but faded memories to hold
I have no real sense of direction
Like a blind man, I have lost my vision
The arctic wind crashes against my face
It's thrashing sound offers no peace
But, oh, melancholy
Why are you killing me?
Why are you toying with my memories?
Why pull me deeper into the chasm of distress?
Why color my day with dull gray?
To the cold sheet then I will lay
Yes, I lay on the ground
Its frigidness freezes my face into a frown
Calcifying my tears into beautiful snowflakes
Yet the sadness my heart can never take
But, no matter the biting pain, I will stay
If that is the only way to take the sadness away
But, please tear my heart from my chest
For I cannot take the feeling it provokes between my breasts
For the pain is torturing me
The past is driving me crazy
Oh, I will continue to lay with my face on the ground
If that will numb me and erase the emotion that used to abound

Chapter 32:

Yan Mei Ling could still not grasp the reality - that Jinzhou Lu Wang Wei was ultimately dead. Just a few days ago, he was talking to her, promising her that they would end up victorious.

His words kept on resonating in her mind like a very distant memory she would not want to forget:

'We will crush the Hsein army; we will all survive and emerge victorious. I am confident that if her abductors will indeed head our way, we will kill all of them and save the princess - that I can promise.'

His words were like the air that she breathed in; the one that she needed to be alive. It just seemed tragic that the air that she needed was inadvertently cut off from her. She felt like she was being strangled to death - she could hardly breathe. Her heart was mortally wounded and the pain it caused had tormented her; pushing her to the brink of hysteria. It was not something that she could just ignore like a dull ache that momentarily irked her; it rather felt like an opened wound that was repeatedly salted thus the pang was amplified to a level that she could barely tolerate. It was way too much.

Lu Jinhai. She was very disappointed with him. She could not believe that he did not bother helping Jinzhou Lu Wang Wei. Moments after the escape, he had tried talk to her, comfort her but she did not want to speak to him. He did not know just how much his actions a while ago deeply hurt her - he was a huge disappointment. Too think, she almost fancied herself liking him. And just like a house with a poor foundation shaken by an earthquake, it crumbled into dust. She did not hate him. In fact, she understand that he was only after her safety but he did not know what she felt about Jinzhou Lu Wang Wei. It was unfair to treat him with coldness but, still, she could not help but feel disappointed.

"Tang Lao Fang," someone called Yan Mei Ling.

Yan Mei Ling did not bother looking or answering; she remained seated on a secluded place while leaning on a huge tree. She did not feel like talking to any person for the fear that her emotions would get the best out of her. Despite her sadness, she still had her pride to uphold - she did not want to appear vulnerable.

"You should eat, you know." Lee Sui Song said in a worried voice a bowl of soup was in his hands. "You have been so detached since the escape. I am beginning to think that something happens to you."