MOONLIGHT NINJA CHAPTER 12

Dear Readers,

Please vote or comment. It will greatly help my story. :)

God bless you!

Chapter 12

Jinzhou Lu Wang Wei wasted no time in summoning the soldiers under his command to find and gather the men on the conscription. Most of the men in the list up to this critical time, did not show up yet. Aside from tracking the names in the conscription, he campaigned in every village of Chixian Shenzhou - near and far. He called upon all men, noblemen or peasants, to join the Imperial Army.

After a tough and tiring campaign around the Empire, Jinzhou Lu Wang Wei returned to the Imperial Army training ground. He saw only a few men lining up to have their names registered. He felt disheartened with what he saw for he expected a great number of men willing to offer their lives for the safety of the Empire. He quickly came down his horse, and handed the bridle to a servant boy who rushed to assist him.

He sighed deeply as he watched the boy put his horse to the cavalry stables. He riveted his eyes to the afternoon sky and, hopelessly, contemplated on its pink and orange hues.

Time was dwindling.

"Jinzhou Lu Wang Wei."

He heard a soft and low voice calling his name, extricating him from his thoughts. He quickly turned to the direction of the voice, and was stunned with whom he saw.

"Ninja boy," he exclaimed in awe. The boy's presence in the imperial army training ground was indeed unexpected.

"I came here to offer my help to the Imperial army in fighting against the Hsein Army," the ninja boy declared as he raised a poster for Jinzhou Lu Wang Wei to look at. It was the poster that was posted in all walls of the Chixian Shenzhou calling for men to join the Imperial army.

Jinzhou Lu Wang Wei was momentarily silenced by ninja boy's statement but he also felt curious. Why did his voice sound odd? It was as if that the boy was controlling the timber of his voice. Was he an ally or an ememy?

"Shall I fall in line and write my name on the list?" The ninja boy gestured his hand to the direction of the registration table.

Jinzhou Lu Wang Wei frowned absentmindedly. He was still skeptical as to the real intentions of the Ninja Boy. Could he be trusted?

"Do you still need to drape yourself in your ninja costume? The imperial army can provide you with better armors and weapons."

Yan Mei Ling was not surprised with Jinzhou Lu Wang Wei's question for she had anticipated that and thus came prepared.

"I will remove my mask," Yan Mei Ling offered without any trace of hesitation.

Jinzhou Lu Wang Wei's body became taut with anticipation. He could hear the strong and furious beat of his heart like a hammer upon a metal.

When the ninja boy finally removed his mask, Jinzhou Lu Wang Wei's eyes widened in shock. It was unbelievable. Truly, unbelievable.. He could not believe that the warrior he had fought on the arena was still a child - possibly a boy of 12.

Jinzhou Lu Wang Wei's gaze narrowed with disbelief as he stared intently at the ninja boy. Judging from the boy's thin and slender body, he almost looked like a female.

If not for the boy's short hair and flat chest, Jinzhou Lu Wang Wei would have swore that he was staring at a girl. Of course, the boy's slender appearance looked deceiving; for in reality, his strength was unbelievably great.

"How old are you?" Jinzhou Lu Wang Wei asked. He thought that his curiosity about the Ninja boy's identity would be alleviated after seeing the boy's face but then he was wrong; in fact, it was intensified.