MOONLIGHT NINJA CHAPTER 24

-FINISHED CHAPTER-

Dear Readers,

I am slowly editing and adding new parts to this chapter. This is not part of the original draft which is only up to 24 chapters but since I want to develop Jinzhou Lu Wang Wei's character, he is one of the main protagonist by the way, I added extra chapters. I am thinking of writing more than 30 chapters but that depends on how I think my story tends to go to. To be honest, I am still stressed because I am learning something new which is required in my new job. I actually made a big jump from my previous job and studying a new thing is something that I am not taking lightly. Hope you understand me for being such a snail.

================================

Chapter 24

The imperial palace had became a haven of chaos and grief the moment that Princess Lei Shuang was discovered missing. A lot of the members of the Imperial palace guards and servants were under investigation and inquisition. Several of those who were not able to give satisfactory answers were immediately executed and those who might possibly provide information, little or big, were thrown in the dungeons.

Worst happened to those who were assigned to guard the palace and serve the princess around the time she was missing because they were tortured in the most unimaginable ways after denouncing them as traitors. All of them were ordered to be killed after being brutally tortured.

People outside the palace heard of what happened and the fear inside their hearts had further intensified. The fear had first taken root due to the news of the Hsien army campaign against the ruling imperial army to invade the empire. More so since the Emperor had became so vindictive that anyone who was suspected to have possibly connived with the Hsein army would be imediately be brought and then tortured into giving information before being ordered to death. Several imperial armies were sent to check on all the people under the Empire's domain, more imperial spies were paid to obtain more information from the enemies and several campaign units were made to be sent to the enemy's base.

In a bleak morning in the Empire, Emperor Li Huang Di sat on his throne as he aloofly stared at one of the palace guards who attempt to plead for his life while bowing on his knees. At this moment, he didn't feel like listening to any pathetic pleas and would rather plan his next move against the Hsein army with his officials however this situation required his presence because only him could give the orders to spare someone's life.

"Heaven's appointed, oh, Son of Heaven, Bixia, I never connived with the enemies. By the time that the princess was gone, I was not at the palace and was being cured by our village doctor. I have not yet been fully healed by my affliction but I come to prove that I am innocent as to the princess's disappearance. If Son of Heaven will permit me, I will help in searching for the princess. Please have mercy, oh, son of Heaven, merciful Emperor, and spare my life."

Emperor Li Huang Di stared at the palace guard so cold that if he had mystical powers upon him, the latter would be frozen to death. The palace guard felt the coldness of the emperor s gaze that he turned pale and visibly trembled in fright. He reverently touched his head to the cold marble tiled floor and tears rained from his eyes.

Emperor Li Huang Di directed his implacable gaze at the javelins displayed ornately on his palace's magnificent columns and thought deeply, his mind diverted. He was worried for his only child, Princess Lei Shuang, and could not accept the fact that she was kidnapped inside his palace after strengthening and increasing the imperial security. He suspected that someone inside the Imperial Palace had spied for the Hsein army and vowed to find that someone. Once he found him or possibly them, he would make sure to make him feel his wrath. He would not show any mercy since he could not and never tolerate traitors.