MOONLIGHT NINJA CHAPTER 27

Chapter 27

It was pure torture - excruciatingly painful. It felt like the inside of her abdomen was being ripped apart. Why in the world would this monthly torture visit her in this very inopportune time?

Yan Mei ling was torn between physical and emotional pain. It was very hysterical to the point that she seemed driven to madness. She hugged herself tighter as the pain stabbed her again.

Someone she knew in the camp had already known her secret and he was the doctor, Lee Sui Song. He was only doing his duty as the camp doctor but when he saw the blood stains on her back, he already knew.

"You are a girl!" Lee Sui Song gasped in shock.

"I beg you - please do not expose me."

"I... I do not know what to do but you shouldn't have joined the military - you are a female!"

"Are you men all like that?" Yan Mei ling asked in hurt indignation.

"What do you mean?" Lee Sui Song stammered, unable to get what she meant.

"Bunch of prejudiced snobs!"

Lee Sui Song opened his mouth, as if hurt by Yan Mei Ling's opinion, then he shut it again contemplating before answering. After a moment, he slowly shook his head. "You are wrong about your opinion."

"Then why do you judge me for my sex in joining the military?"

"It is not like that, Tang Lao Fang," Lee Sui Song gently and calmly said. "I am just surprised why a female join a war - please do not react yet - it is not a usual thing. I do not know if it is allowed but whatever your motive for joining the military is then that will be your own."

"Women are not allowed to join the military. We are looked upon as the weaker sex and tasked to be incarcerated in domesticity." Yan Mei ling said bitterly.

"Then why did you break the rules and join the military?"

"I want to save my friend - joining the military is the only way that I can save her."  Yan Mei Ling said with tears in her eyes. "But I guess joining the war didn't help her either."

"Why?"

"She is abducted by the Hsein armies." Yan Mei Ling hiccuped violently - tears fell from her eyes like a violent deluge.

Lee Sui Song looked at her with sympathy and tried to comfort her. "I am sorry. War is very unpredictable - we do not know what will happen. It is like a devious and sneaky thief who comes to your house and then takes away the most precious things that belongs to you without any warning. But you should not lose hope, we can still save your friend and defeat those Hsien armies who abducted her."

"It is so easy to say."

"You are right; it is so easy to say." Lee Sui Song mumbled in dejected agreement. "Anyway, who is your friend?"

"The princess."

"You mean Princess Li Lei Shuang?" Lee Sui Song eyes went agape in surprise. "You know her?"

"Yes, we are best friends."

"Who exactly are you,Tang Lao Fang?" Lee Sui Song asked, his face frowning in curiosity.

Yan Mei Ling breathed in deeply and said, "I am Yan Mei Ling, the daughter of Unit Commander Yan Bao Rong."

"Your father is the highest ranked military official and he is a duke which makes you a noble!" Lee Sui Song exclaimed as she looked at Yan Mei ling as if she was someone way beyond him - like heaven to earth. He felt unworthy of conversing with her, a noble, considering that he was a mere peasant practicing to be a doctor.