Chapter 23

About three hours later, Sarah and I were waiting for Kolya ina small cafe not too far from the hotel we were staying at.
"So, what exactly should I call your grandfather?" Sarah asked as she scanned through the menus we had.
I shrugged, looking at mine. "I guess it's really up to him. However, if I had to guess, I'd say he'd have you call him Kolya or Mr. Plisetsky."
Sarah nodded. "Both make perfect sense."
No more than a minute later, Kolya walked into the cafe, and came over to us.
"Glad you could make it," I said with a smile as I got up and gave him a hug.
Kolya hugged back. "Of course, Yurochka. You know I'd do anything for you,"  he said before we sat down.
My face then turned a bit red. "Kolya, can you please not call me that? Especially in front of Sarah."
Sarah slightly chuckled. "Why not? I think it's kind of cute."
I slightly grumbled under my breath. "All right, you win, princess."
Sarah growled, obviously about to say something, but quickly stopped.
Kolya sighed. "Well this has been quite the introduction. Oh, you can call me Kolya as well," he said, turning his attention to Sarah.
She nodded. "Of course. Kolya might take a bit of getting used to, though."
Kolya shook his head. "It's not a problem. Now, before we continue on," he said, turning his attention back to me, "Should I give you the thing now?"
I only nodded, but Sarah slightly spoke up. "So I guess it will be a game of Who's Going to Propose First."
I slightly chuckled as Kolya handed me the box Sarah's engagement ring was in. "You can say that again. I won't tell you when I'm planning to do it, though."
"Neither will I," she smirked.
Kolya then spoke up. "Well then, I guess I'd like to hear a bit about you, Sarah. I imagine that it would be a good idea, seeing that you'll soon be my granddaughter-in-law."
Sarah smiled. "Of course. Well, as you probably already know, I was born and raised in America. I lived in Maryland, and went to college at Rochester Institute of Technology, majoring in Chemistry, though I only went for two years, and then devoted myself to the ice."
Kolya nodded. "Very interesting. And I've heard you have a cousin, yes?"
Sarah nodded. "Yeah. Two, actually. Though I'm completely unrelated to my one cousin, Leo, as he's a step-brother to my other cousin, Lilith. She also does ice skating, and we skated against each other at Skate America this year, and she beat me. Regardless, we're both qualified for the Grand Prix Final, and I already know that it will be intense."
Kolya chuckled. "So it seems. Just know that no matter what, I'll be here rooting for you."
"Oh, that reminds me," I said. "Will you be able to make it to Sarah's Free Skate tomorrow?"
He shook his head. "I'm afraid I can't. I'm meeting up with an of mine. I truly am sorry."
Sarah sighed. "It's fine. I completely understand."
Kolya smiled. "Well thank you for doing that, Sarah."
She nodded. "Not a problem. Now, I don't know about the two of you, but I'm hungry. Let's order dinner."
I nodded. "That sounds like a good idea."
With that, we ordered our food.

===

About two and a half hours later, Sarah and I were back in our hotel room.
"So, I guess I don't need to keep the ring a secret anymore," Sarah said with a slight chuckle as she sat on the bed, already dressed in her pyjamas.
I nodded as I sat next her, also in my pyjamas, which was really just my boxers. "You can say that again. Honestly, I figured not too long after you took the box to the post office."
She sighed. "Yeah...I guess I wasn't too good at hiding it..."
"Well, I don't think you need to be worried about that," I said as I put my hand behind her back, pulling her closer.
She slightly blushed. "Wh-why not...?
I smiled, gently running a hand through her hair. "Because we love each other, and nothing will ever change that. It was only a matter of time before this happened."
She smiled, snuggling a bit closer to me. "I guess you're right...it's going to be good to get to settle down and raise a family. Say, where will we raise our family?"
I sighed. "Honestly, I wouldn't be too opposed to settling back in Maryland. It seems like a nice place to settle, and from the time I spent there, I think I've come to like the area."
Sarah smiled. "That sounds like a great idea. I think I'm going to really be looking forward for it..."
I smiled and gently rubbed her arm. "Tired?"
She nodded. "Yeah...I guess I really did give it my all in my Short Program today..."
I nodded. "Indeed you did. I mean, it's barely nine, and you're already starting to fall asleep. You must be really tired."
She nodded and yawned. "Yeah...I think I'm going to go to sleep now..."
I smiled. "You go ahead and do that. You've earned it."
She yawned once more, and closed her eyes before drifting to sleep.

I smiled as she did so. I'd never say it to her, but she was really cute when she slept. It was going to be great once we did get married. It was truly a day I was going to look forward to.
I then gave her a quick kiss on her forehead before getting ready to fall asleep myself, also pretty tired.
"I love you so much, Sarah," I quietly mumbled as I closed my eyes, fully embracing Sarah.
I wasn't sure how long it was, but it felt like I fell asleep within a minute.