Chapter 21

Three days later, we went to Moscow, as Sarah's next competition was coming up. It was hard for Sarah to leave, and I was confused as to why. When I asked her, all she told me was that Saint Petersburg felt like her home, even though her residence was still in the United States. I shrugged it off, not thinking too much of it.
Once we had gotten to Moscow, we quickly went to our hotel, as it was early in the morning, and we really didn't have much time to grab breakfast.

"Anything in particular you want to grab?" I asked as I grabbed my phone and wallet.
Sarah shook her head as she grabbed her jacket. "No, not really. I just want to grab something quick to eat. Like a donut or something."
I nodded. "Got it. There's a Dunkin' Donuts about half an hour away from here if we take the bus. Is that cool with you?"
She nodded. "Yeah. Sounds like a great idea. After that, we should probably do something fun."
I chuckled. "Don't worry. I already know where we'll be going after we get our food."
"Where's that?" she asked, obviously curious.
"You'll just have to wait and see," I said as I walked out of the room.
Sarah grumbled something unintelligible under her breath and followed me out.

About an hour later, we were walking out of the Dunkin' Donuts. I had gotten a blueberry filled one, and  Sarah got a Boston cream one.
"So, where to now?" she asked as she took a sip of the chocolate milk she had.
"We need to catch a bus," I said as I began to walk over to the bus stop. "If I remember correctly, the place is about half an hour away as well. It's been a while since I've been here, so I can't be so sure."
"Okay. I'll take your word on this," she said with a sigh.
I ate the last bit of my donut, and then gently rubbed her back. "Hey, there's no need to worry. You of all people should know that. I would never do anything to harm you. And if I did, it most certainly wouldn't be on purpose."
Sarah then mumbled under her breath. "Ya lyublyu tebya, no inogda tyazhelo vosprinimat' tebya vser'yez..."
I chuckled  as the right bus came by the stop. "You know I love you too, Sarah. And there are some times where I can't take you seriously either. C'mon. Let's get on the bus."
Sarah nodded, and we got on.

===

About half an hour later, the bus stopped at our destination.
"Hm? Where are we?" Sarah asked as we got off the bus.
I smiled. "This...this is where my whole ice skating career started. Welcome to Gorky Park."
Sarah looked around. "Wow...this place looks amazing..."
I nodded. "It is. Now, I was thinking we'd go around the park a bit, bur eventually come back and do some skating on the frozen pond that's here. Does that sound good to you?"
She nodded. "Of course it does."

About five minutes latee, we had gone through all the security and all, and I turned to face Sarah. "Oh, I forgot to tell you, but I was thinking that we'd meet up with Kolya after your performance tomorrow."
Sarah sighed as she adjusted the bag that she was carrying. "That's what you call your grandfather, right?"
I nodded. "Mhm."
"I guess it's not a problem," she shrugged. "I mean, you've already met my family, so I guess it's about time I meet yours."
I slightly chuckled as we began to walk around. "You can say that again."
We then walked in silence for a bit, but Sarah suddenly spoke up. "Hey, I don't know about you, but I think my skating career is starting to draw to a close. I mean, I'm already 20, and I don't know how the injury I got over the summer is going to affect me in the long run. Honestly, I think next year will be my last...at least with competing in the Grand Prix Final series."
"...what are you trying to say?" I asked, not exactly sure what she was trying to say.
She sighed. "What I'm saying is that after next year, I want to try and qualify for the Olympics."
"...oh. I feel so stupid for not picking that up. Would you do a single skate, or...?"
Sarah sighed. "Of course I want to do a pair skate, but...of course it'll be up to you if you want to do it or not."
I put my hands in my pockets as we continued. "Oh, of course I want to do it," I said with a smile.
Sarah let out a sigh. "Oh, that's good to hear. I was actually afraid that you would've said no."
I only chuckled in response as we continued walking around the park.

There was an awkward silence between us for about five minutes or so, and I think I know why. Neither of us was saying anything directly about it, but I'm pretty sure it was evident.
We were about to start playing a game of 'Who's going to propose first'.
Everything started to come together. Why she took the box away from me and why she had to do something on her own. It all had to do with the ring she got me. Sarah always thinks one step ahead of me, and I haven't gotten my ring for her yet. It was actually part of the reason why we were meeting up with Kolya tomorrow. He had the ring I was going to propose with.
I was suddenly cut from my trance when Sarah spoke up.
"Hey Yurio, can we go to the rink or pond thing now? I'm kind of bored just walking around."
I looked at her and nodded. "Of course we can, Sarah. Come on, let's get going," I said as I began to walk towards the rink, which was closer to the fromt, if my memory served me correctly.
With a nod, Sarah followed me.

===

We ended up spending quite a few hours in the park. After that, I just kinda showed her around, and we eventually went back to the hotel.
When we did, I swear Sarah passed out quicker than you can say 'Toe Loop'. She was exhausted.
I was tired too, so I also went to sleep, but not nearly as fast as Sarah.