Chapter XIV: Spoken Trigger

Chapter Fourteen: Spoken Trigger.

Jake started rehearsals this Monday in order to get ready for his performance on Good Morning America next week and the upcoming ones that will follow after that one. I'm meeting him at his rehearsal today for lunch break and I'm now on my way. I'm excited to see the guys from the band and to listen to Jake sing "No Angel" for the first time. It's been a while and I miss them. Last time, I saw them was at the end of August when they were given a break and Jake took the time to finish his album. They'll probably give me shit for being lost - as they would say. But it'll be good to have them back. As a singer's girlfriend, fans and people would assume I've listened to the entire album by now when in reality I have only heard snippets. Jake keeps his work out of our home and so do I. In the confines of our apartment, we're only Jake and Sky not Jake the singer and Sky the girlfriend of a superstar. I arrive to the address Jake had texted me. The building is somewhat wide in a rectangle architecture. It's located in the east side of midtown Manhattan, making it harder for paparazzi to find. However, it doesn't stop them. As a small group of them stand outside with their cameras, I park in an available spot near the corner. I lock my car and walk towards the entrance. As soon as I'm spotted, their cameras start to flash and questions are bombarded.

"How does it feel to be Jake Caplin's girlfriend?"

"Visiting your man, are you excited for his album?"

"How's your relationship with Jake?"

I partially cover my face with a hand over my sunglasses as if I was blocking the sun instead of them. I remain silent, only offering small smiles. It's the first time I've been surrounded by them without Jake by my side and I thank God, it wasn't a lot of them. Otherwise, I would have (internally) freaked out. As soon as I enter the studio, I spot Ace, Dash, Cole and Grey sitting on the lounge.

"Are you here to be lazy or to practice?" I grin, taking off my RayBans and coat.

"Well, Well, Well. Look who it is? I thought you were dead." Ace jokes and the rest of the band chuckles.

He hasn't change a lot, other than his body looking more sinewy and a few new tattoos I notice on his exposed arms, he's still the same. Ace plays the guitar for Jake, fitting the typical guitarist stereotype with his bad boy image, intense brown eyes and almost shoulder-length black hair. The fans crush on the band as hard as they crush on Jake. All of them are attractive with good genes and hard, lean muscled bodies. Dash - who plays the drums - has girls looking forward to see him play just to see his arms flex as the sticks on his hands hit the drums. He tends to take off his shirt during summer performances to tease the crowd. Grey follows Ace's steps with the bad boy looks but more settled, playing the bass. His grey eyes giving meaning to his name. Cole looks as innocent as they can come playing the keys but it's just as bad the rest of them. The combination of his blue eyes and almost black hair with the darkest brown, force any girl to swoon over him.

"I was about to say the same thing to you but if we're classifying each other as dead, you'd be dust by now." I wink as the boys laugh and Ace gives me a mischievous grin, shaking his head.

"That..." He pauses, coming towards me. "...was a good one."

Once he's near, we hug. "Thank you. How's Amelia?"

Amelia is Ace's girlfriend. They've been dating for seven years and I still wonder why he hasn't proposed yet. They clearly love each other, their relationship being very similar to the one Jake and I have although, Amelia's parents didn't - or still don't - approve of Ace due to his tattoos and rock and roll life. According to her parents, he will never be able to settle down. They tried to crush their relationship, filling Amelia's mind with thoughts such as she being only a temporary thing for him and that once he got what he wanted he would flee. Ace is still proving them wrong by treating their daughter like a true gentleman despite his bad boy façade.