Chapter IX: Texts

Chapter Nine: Texts.

Even though Jake and I agreed to give each other a break and space, he has been texting me mostly every day to see how I am and how my day is going. And to be honest, his texts have definitely made this break between us bearable. Being apart has given Jake more time to be in the studio, do more interviews and press. His album is finished and he and his team are getting ready to release the first single. They were planning on releasing the single early February but since they finished the album early, the song will be released this month, hence all the interviews and press Jake has been doing during our break. He left to New Mexico last night to film the music video of his single in White Sands. According to one of the texts he sent me this morning, the weather has been fairly warm during the day for it to be December the first. They've been shooting since early this morning in hopes of being able to wrap up by the end of the day and return to New York tonight.

Mom, Dad and Carter are unaware of our break and I believe it should stay that way unless our break is permanent and it turns into a breakup. As adults, I think we are capable of solving our differences and problems between ourselves only. Most of our time spent apart, I have been at the Wanderlust headquarters or at home creating more sketches for the winter/spring line. After finally being completely out of my hype, I went out for coffee with Sara again. She also doesn't know about the break. Sara is very vocal about her thoughts and as much as I love her, I don't need her words to start planting unwanted seeds in my mind.

I gather my purse and a few folders with sketches before I exit my office, getting ready to close the headquarters, finally done for the day. Since business has grown, I'm planning on looking for a bigger space. The headquarter I currently have for Wanderlust holds an okay amount of merchandise but with the amount of business we've been getting, they run out really fast. The girls have already left. I lock my office, turning off the lights and exiting the headquarters. I lock up and leave, descending through the elevator of the building. My phone starts ringing as I exit the building, walking to my car.

Incoming Call: Jake💗

"Hey," I answer. A smile claiming my face.

"Hey. How's it going?" He asks. It's the first time he calls me since our break started four days ago and it feels good to hear his voice. Our during-break conversations have been only text-based and to have him make the move of calling makes me feel like we're making progress. I know I can also make and call some shots but since he was the one to call our break, I'm letting him call them instead.

"Good. Just got out of work." I tell him, unlocking my car. I sit and close the door, setting my purse on the passenger seat. I lean against the seat, waiting for our conversation to end before I start the engine and drive home. "How's your day going?"

"Hectic. Just got done shooting our final scene. We started early since we have very limited hours of sun before sunset and the director wanted to get the most of it. It's sunset right now so I think we did a good job."

It's just seven, three p.m. here in New York. White Sands is two hours behind plus their sunset isn't as early as ours. His crew at White Sands is small since Jake demanded a simple music video for this single. Apparently, there is only a Mercedes Benz SLS GT Roadster from Mercedes Benz's newly released sports car collection since they are sponsoring this music video, hence why Jake attended their launch last Wednesday. Mark had planned on having Holly as a model for the music video, which was why Jake had originally met her at Drais in Los Angeles last month. However after all the conflict between us, I don't know if Jake declined or still went on with the idea of a model on the music video. Nonetheless, he's been trying to keep me up to date with his career which makes me realize just how much he's trying to incorporate me into his life and how much I mean to him.