Chapter XXIII: Unexpected Fall

Chapter Twenty-Three: Unexpected Fall.

JAKE CAPLIN CELEBRATES BIRTHDAY WITH GIRLFRIEND SKY ATKIN AND FRIENDS.

The 'No Angel' singer celebrated his twenty-sixth birthday this past Wednesday with his girlfriend Sky Atkin, 21, and his friends, including his band members and his older brother, Ethan.

Caplin celebrated his birthday at his recently bought 18.2 million penthouse -- who he shares with Atkin -- in the area of TriBeCa in New York City. The complex holds more than five rooms and bathrooms, a gym and indoor pool with terrace. Several friends of Caplin uploaded pictures on social media celebrating his birthday.

His guitarist, Ace Evans, 26, tweeted a picture of him and Jake arm to arm sharing drinks with the caption:

@AceEvans1: Happy Birthday to this man @JakeCaplin. Cheers to those 26 bud!! 🍻🎉

His girlfriend, Sky Atkin, 21, instagramed what seemed to be an old candid picture of the pair in the beach. The couple lovingly looking at each other in an embrace.

SkyAtkin: Happy Birthday to this Bunny. So grateful to be spending your birthday with you. I love you🐰💘

The party went until the early hours of the morning, his manager and security being the first ones to exit the tower. The celebration was kept very private -- unlike Caplin's previous birthday celebrations that included whole club renting. Pictures posted by the attendees were the only hint of how things went down during the cheeky heartthrob's celebration, proving that Jake's eight month old relationship with Miss Atkin is triggering change in his social partying ways.

Regardless, congratulations to Jake on his birthday and new buy!

* * *

JAKE

I wake up next to my favorite girl. Sky's head is nuzzled in my neck as we lay on our sides, face to face. Her blonde hair covering her bare shoulders and part of her breasts as the white sheets lay at our lower back. One of her hands rests under her chin in a loose fist while the other is hidden under her pillow. She looks angelic as she sleeps peacefully. Her plump lips lightly opened as she contently sighs and nuzzles further into me in her sleep. She went all out for my birthday party last week. Having her surprise me and getting re-signed by the label made this birthday pure bliss. I was on cloud nine from the moment I woke up. It was the first time in almost six years since Mom and Dad's passing that I felt happiness overshadow the grief and the feeling of longing I felt for having to celebrate my birthday without either of them. And it was all because of her. She's the only one capable of making my world stop spinning around the negative, turning it the other way around toward the positive. It's what made falling in love with her even easier.

I kiss her forehead, allowing my lips to linger over her skin. I'm a fool for her and anything that revolves around her. She's got me hooked since I first met her, wrapped completely in her. Obsessed with having her by my side. Addicted to her company. My love for her is so strong, it has come to this. I've searched for this type of happiness for a long time and I'm more than pleased, glad, I found it in and with her. Being part of this industry, comes with its pros and cons. Thirst being a con. It makes you doubt who really wants to get to know you because of you and who wants to know you because of your money and who you are known as. With Sky, those thoughts never surfaced. She never gave me a reason to doubt her intentions of forming some type of relationship with me. She's what makes me one lucky bastard and I wish any other artist who belongs to this world, gets the chance to find their own Sky. So, they can experience what passionate love and care is. What falling in love really is like. Just for them to know what it's like to live not only for yourself, but for someone else.