Chapter Nineteen

I walked into the cafeteria trying to convince myself that Antanie was messing with me. If that wasn’t the case, I had no idea what was going on. I didn’t talk much as I sat with Darius and Michaela, but I kept my eye out for Ant. Of course, I didn’t see him. He was probably already gone.

            I went into my sixth period math class a couple hours later and was surprised to see that Antanie was sitting there in his usual seat, inconveniently behind me.          

            “Wow it’s a miracle. Antanie Copeland showed up for class.” I muttered while sitting down.

            “Girl hush, you know you glad to see me.”

            “Whatever, Ant.”

            There was low murmering in the classroom. Someone across the class cried out, “Oh my God its huge!” Who knows what she was referring to, but Ant commented, “That’s what she said.”

            “Not to you,” I replied.

            “I see you got a slick mouth. I gotchu.”

            “Mhmm.”

            “What you getting up to this weekend?”

            “The usual. Partying and causing all kinds of trouble.” I said sarcastically.

            “You tryna chill?”

            “Are you?”

            “Ion know what I’ma do this weekend but we could chill.”

            “Really. Where?”

            He shrugged.

            “Well that sounds exciting. Count me in.” I reached into my backpack to get my binder out.

            Ant replied, “A’ight then. We’ll go outta town.”

            “Why out of town? Not another convenience store.”

            “There’s an inconvenience store in Biscayne.”

            I narrowed my eyes at his lame joke but I couldn’t help but smile. “That sounds nice, actually. I haven’t been out to  Key Biscayne in years.”

            “Oh forreal?”

            I nodded.

            “Well the ice witch is melting finally.”

            I laughed, turning around in my seat to start the lesson.

(Oh my God! I have chapter twenty posted now! Go check it out! It was my favorite one to write, things get sweet and exciting!)