Chapter 23, horizontal dancing

Jessie's parents had to go into work, an so Jessie an his older sister had to watch his little sister.

But, Sierra brought her boyfriend home,

who knew she'd ever get one. Jessie thought.

So, Jessie sent his little sister to her room to play with dolls, so he could watch television in peace in quiet. But in all honesty, he really just wanted to lay back an relax.

"Jessie! Jessie!" Chloe screams in a whisper from down the hall, running up to him.

Jessie lifts his head an looks at his little sister.

"yes, Chloe?"

"How do you horizontal dance?"

Jessie sits up, an grabs Chloe by the arms, "what do you mean honey?"

She sighs, "Jessie... Hor-iz-on-tal dancing."

Jessie shakes his head, "hun I heard you. I just don't know what that is."

She folds her arms, "idiot."

Jessie glares, "Chloe, what have I said about name calling?"

She shrugs, "you said when it's called for. An your being an idiot.'

Jessie scoffs, "you're nine years old. I highly doubt you know what idiot even means." An he crosses his arms over his chest, feeling quite good about himself...

She follows his actions, "Do you?"

He scoffs, "please... Don't insult my intelligence."

She moves closer. Glaring deep into Jessie's eyes, "well then, don't insult mine."

Jessie gulps, an sits back, "clo, I don't know what that means."

She begins to explain to Jessie how horizontal dancing works, an how Sierra didn't want Sam to stop.

By the end of the conversation Jessie is still hopelessly confused.

"ahhhh! Jessshie! just, go an look."

Chloe, who has a slight, cute lisp, but knows how to use it, said.

Jessie stands up. "Fine." He says snobbingly to his eight year old sister.

Jessie starts off down the hall, looks back to see Chloe where he left her, crossing her arms.

Jessie flouts, an heads down the hall.

Jess opens his sisters door....

~~~

"She lost her virginity." Jessie said.

He could hear Tyler choking of laughter on the other end of the phone.

"It's not funny! it's scarring!"

"It-t... I-It's Hilarious-s!" Tyler so desperately tries to get out, but ends up wheezing at the end.

Jessie was about to ask Tyler how he'd feel about walking in on his sister.

But, Jessie thought, he'd probably walk in on her, just for knowledge of knowing she's alive.

But alas, Tyler thought it.

Not of walking in on his sister; but of his sister alone.

imagining her different.

older

more beautiful...

Tyler hears Jessie clear his throat, an knows that he knows that he's thinking of her.

So before Jessie can say anything that could just make the whole thing worse, Tyler asks to see him.

"We haven't hung out in forever."

"It's only been a week." Jessie said.

Sure, they saw each other at school.

But, being alone.

where no one can judge who you love... It can change you.

Jessie had said it's only been a week. But, he was dying inside.

aching to see Tyler, Tyler's smile.

"So, I still want to see you." Tyler said.

Jessie took the phone away from his ear, an looked at his door, raising an eyebrow...

Jessie had still heard Tyler speaking, but Jessie had been a little busy.

Jessie swung his door open, to see three people, who he normally loved, standing outside his door; listening.

"Tyler, I'll have to call you back."

Jessie ends the call, while Tyler is so desperately trying to keep him on, an sets the phone down slowly.

"What, do you three, think you're doing?" Jessie says menacingly.

His mother kind of, laughs it off.

where as his older sister, who he can't seem to look in the eyes, just smiles at him like she owns the place, an finally, Chloe... Who looks like she's about to call Jessie an idiot again.

"We're just... We were, wondering how Tyler's doing... We haven't seen him in a while." Sierra says.

Jessie, still scarred, is looking at his mother though.

"He's doing fine... Now if you'll excuse me... I have a date to arrange."

"Ooh! with Ty-" Jessie shuts his door, an locks the handle.

Nope.

Not with Tyler.

with Steph.