Tyler's beginning

"Morning Mom. Morning Dad." Tyler walks into the kitchen, Where his mother is cooking and glances over her shoulder, and his dad looks up from his papers, that are due later today. His mother makes her and her husbands plate, sitting down. Tyler makes his way over to the skilet, No breakfast, again. He thinks. He sighs, thinking, of the day they'll love him...

~~~

"Tyler!" Tyler glances over his shoulder, to see his best freind and right hand man, steph. "Hey man." Steph throws his arm over Tylers shoulder. "Hey. how you doing?" Steph and Tyler making their way to English class. "I'm good. How about you? Parents still don't see you?" Tyler shaking his head, they enter Ms. Kirks class, "You know it." and sit in their assigned seats.

"Who, can use reticent in a sentence, and make people who have never heard of the word, understand?" Ms. Kirks Asks... Tyler raises his hand. "Tyler?"

He clears his throat, "He who has hidden secrets from his love, find it harder every time. To lie, to someone you love. it's despicable. Even when, he's reticent, she seems to know what he's thinking, by the way he twirls his thumbs, and fixes his glasses. He never should have tried. for he's caught in his lie. " Ms. Kirks Looks as though she is in deep thought, "That's very nice Tyler. Now lets test it. sense we all know Mr. Chase doesn't know anything." The class laughs, Tyler even laughs. Beings how thats his friend, and the Fullback in the schools football team. Josh blushes, "Well, I suspect, that it's... Maybe, I don't know, doesn't tell them. Or keeps to himself." The class roars in applause. Josh slouches in his chair, Putting his head down. Everyone knows that he has done his fair share in class, and will now sleep the rest of class. Ms. Kirks smirks, and turns back to the board.

~~~

"Hey mom, hey dad." Tyler passes them in the living room. not waiting for a response, he runs up to his room. Ready to finish his homework.

Tyler is deep in thought, on whether the formula to finding the area is

1/2 • Height(base1+base2)

1/2 • Height(diameter)(diameter), when there's a knock at his door. Tyler being both, happy and very agitated, gets up to answer his door.

Steph. Steph is standing in his door way, with a bag in his hand.

"Hey dude. Mind if I stay for once."

"Steph, you know I'd love it if you w-"

"Then I don't see the problem."

Tyler looks at Steph, trying to make him understand.

"You do see the problem."

Steph sighs, "look, can I at least come and talk to you. if you still don't want me to spend the night. then I'll go somewhere else."

Tyler thinks, what's the worst it could do?. I'm just listening...

"Come on in."

"Thanks man." Steph says, patting Tyler's back on his way into Tyler's room.

~~~

"They kicked you out?" Tyler asks, while leaning up against his headboard.

"Yeah. I told them it wasn't my fault. you know Sean. he's a dick. I didn't want him to think he could make fun of someone for-"

"For being gay?"

"Yeah." Steph says, looking down at his hands, twiddling his thumbs.

"You can stay." Steph looks up with utter shock across his face, "Really?"

Tyler nods, "yeah. I just... Have to, ask my parents."

Steph nods, "Okay."

"Mom. Dad." they glance over at their son with no interest. "Yes Tyler?" Tyler's father says, looking back at the T.V

"I was, wandering... if, um... If my friend..."

"Spit it out son."

Tyler's heart leaps from hearing his father call him son.

"Can my friend stay the night?"

"..."

His mother and father share a glance.

"..."

"We don't care Tyler." his mother says.

Continuing on with their movie.

~~~

"So what happened next?" Tyler said looking down at steph, laying in his sleeping bag. Tyler told him he didn't care if he slept in the bed. But, Tyler thought that might have creeped him out. Or perhaps making Tyler seem like a weirdo.

"Sean saw them kissing. called Timmy a fag. and, well... beat the shit out of him." Steph explains.

Tyler puts his head back on his pillow. deep in thought, he had forgotten to listen to steph.

"Tyler."

"Uh. what?"

"I said... what uh... do you think, of gay people."

Gay people. Tyler thought.

"I don't know. I never really, thought about it I guess."

"Yeah." Steph says, sounding disappointed. But not in Tyler, in himself.

"But I don't hate them. I just never, cared." Steph scoffs.

Tyler begins to panic, "I'm not saying this right."

"No. it's fine. It's your opinion."

"No. really. it's just. I never thought about people being straight, or gay. or Even bi." steph sits up and looks at tyler. Confusion in his eyes.

"I always thought, that if you found someone, and you love them, then love them. don't let anything, or anyone, get in the way."

Tyler's proud of what he just said. Because its true.

"Tyler..."

"Yeah Steph." Tyler says gently, letting steph know, that he doesn't care.

"I... I think-... I think I'm gay."

Tyler grins, "I know." why else would he scoff at Tyler's answer, or beat up some guy he Barely knew. He could have gotten kicked off the team for the whole season. Then they would have been screwed. Steph's the lead quarterback... whereas Tyler is lead blocker. being taller an more muscular then most.

"Don't worry. it's not noticeable or anything." Tyler glances over at steph, "I can just read you."

Steph looks at Tyler, "read me?"

"You know? like, the way you twiddle your thumbs when your nervous, or lying. And you flare your nostrils and scratch the back of your neck, when mad."

Steph looks shocked, "How do you-"

"I've had practice. I got good at reading mom and dad, for when they wanted to talk, or be alone."

Steph's face goes from awe, to anger, "If I were your parents. I'd be prouder then any parent on earth."

Tyler smiles. putting his head back on his pillow, starts to fall asleep, "thanks man."

///////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

What do you think?

Good?

Bad?

Okay?

Next chapter is going to be, Jessie's beginning.

Vote, comment, and remember, you're your own person.

Korina Milks,