Chapter 33, Demands

~~~Jessie's POV~~~

"So," I say in question, glancing over at Korina. She looks at me and blushes. "What?" She demands. It's been a couple months sense we met and we've hung out atleast a dozen times, and she still blushes when I look at her. "What's up with you?" I ask her as she drops the box onto our new coffee table. "What do you mean?" She states, grabbing pillows and blankets out of the box, fixing the couch. "I mean, what's up with you? I mean, we've hung out like a hundred times and I still know like nothing about you." She shrugs, "I like it better that way." I sit next to her, "Why is that?" She shrugs again, "It's easier." I don't follow, "What's easier?" She makes eye contact, and then doesn't. "It hurts less when someone leaves when you know they didn't know you." I sit back a little, "What are you talking about?" She stands and heads for the kitchen, but quietly, not wanting to wake up Tyler. "I don't know Jessie. Just let it go. Look, I got to get home. Can you take me, or am I gonna have to walk?" She says smiling sadly. She knows I'll take her home. I always do. "Yeah. Give me a minute." She nods, jumping onto the counter, but having not jumped high enough, does she fall, blush; and try again. "Sorry." She whispers. I chuckle, and dip into the bedroom, shaking Tyler awake. "Hmm." He says in reponse to my shaking. I shake him again. "What?" He snaps. He's only had six hours of sleep, but I need his help. "Tyler. I need your help." He yawns, sits up and lazily smiles, "With what Jbaby?" I laugh and push him away, "Not with that you horny bastard. With Korina." He looks around, "She's still here?" I nod, "Yeah. An she... She doesn't trust me." He shrugs, "So?" I hit him, "I want her to trust me." Tyler laughs and slides out of bed, sitting next to me, "Do you trust her?" I scoff, "She saved my life. Of course I trust her." He shrugs, "Okay. What'd you do for her?" I stop short, "I don't know..." He slaps my leg knowingly. "Well there you go. I'm going back to bed. Kiss me." I laugh, peck his lips, and push him down to the covers. He grabs my waist and starts to move. "Tyler. You need sleep." He laughs tiredly, "No, baby; I need you." I laugh, crimson running up my neck and landing on my cheeks. "Maybe later, when theres no company." He sighs, and lets go. "Fine." Literally seconds later does he begin to snore lightly. I stand, run fingers through my hair; trying to make it look like... Well, like I didn't just get back from making out.
I step out into the livingroom and Korina turns away, sniffing. "Korina?" She throws her phone against the wall and falls to the floor. I race over, "Holy shit Korina, are you okay. Dumb question. What happened?" I rub her back as she shakes, sobbing. I sit back on my heels and kiss her head. "Korina, hun what happend?" She stops, and lets her hands fall. All the makeup she wears running down her face. The panda eyes bring out her blue ones. She sniffles, "I'm sorry." She whispers, stands and picks up her phone, "I'm sorry. We can go now." She checks her phone and sighs in relief when she sees it's still intacked. I sigh in relief once I see her smile. "Okay." I say, letting her leave first.
"Korina you have to talk to me." I say as I pull to a stop. I look both ways, and start up again. "What's happening?" She shakes her head, looking out the opposite window. "Nothing important. I promise." I scoff, "No offence, but your promises don't mean jack shit." She looks at me, and smiles, "Yeah what part of that wasn't offensive?" I scoff, but end up in chuckles, "Look, Korina I care about you. I just want to know what's going on at home." She shakes, "My mother..." She stops, and I'm hoping my silence is telling her to continue. "I don't like my mother. She... She's not the best mother in the world." Tyler could relate. I can't, but Tyler could. He should be here too. "My dad's a good guy, but he wants to much from me." I stop at another sign, and go. I understand that. Though I want her to continue, "What do you mean?" She rubs her thighs. She does that when she's anxious. "I mean he expects a lot. An my mother expects nothing. They both expect something I can't give them. My mother expects me to be perfect. Smarter, prettier, thinner..." She looks down to herself and sees only what she wants to; fat. I see shape. I see beauty. Her dubble chin gives her character. Her fat thighs make her jeans show things I'd go straight for. Her tummy is comfortable, and I'd love to lay on it. Everything about her is beauty all in it's own way and I know that the only thing she sees is ugly. "My dad expects me to be the best I can be. Smarter.. Smarter. Show myself more respect." I agree with that one. "He doesn't understand my anxiety. I wish he did, but then again I'd never wish this on anyone." I set my hand on her leg, she was going to rub a hole into her jeans."Korina listen to me," I stop, turn a corner, "You're an amazing person. You didn't have to help me that day, but you did. You didn't have to stick around to see if I was okay, but you did. You didn't have to talk to me, but you did. An I'm sure if I knew you better I'd love you even more." She laughs, she's actually laughs, "I'm a terrible person. I'm horrible human being." I stop the car, and put it in park. We're here. "No, Korina, you're not." I lean in a kiss her cheek, "Call me later okay?" She nods, covering her blush; which makes me laugh. I stay there until I see her safely inside. She needs to know that she matters. I'm going to show her how much she matters. I pull out my cell phone and hit speed dial. "Hello?" The drowziness over takes her voice. "Hey. It's me, Jessie." I wait. I contiue to wait. The up stairs window open, "Jessie? What the hell?" I roll my window down and I hang up, "I love you!" I scream. She laughs, puts her head down, in no doubt trying to fend off the blush. "I love you!" She whispers back, and closes the window. I smile the whole way home.