Chapter 7 Missing home

Jessie stands quickly, drying his tears with Tyler's jacket sleeve. he unlocks the closet door, and walks to the bedroom door, "Who is it?" He has to yell, to be heard over the music.

"Tyler!" His voice comes in the room, and eco's.

Shaking, Jessie opens the door. Tyler practically jumps in. Bumping into Jessie while doing so. Tyler turns quickly and slams the door. Tyler sighs, leaning his head up against the door. Jessie steps forward slowly, "Hey, are you... Are you okay?"

Tyler laughs, a tired laugh, "yeah." he turns around and faces Jessie, "Are you?"

"I'm fine actually, thanks to you." Jessie smiles, Tyler's heart rate went up. clearing his throat, Tyler decides to change. For obvious reasons.

"Is that blood?" Jessie says, coming close, touching Tyler's chest softly. Tyler smiles, "Not my blood." Jessie lets his hand fall slowly, wanting, for some reason, to savor the feel of Tyler's hard chest.

Jessie's hand falls to his side, "Oh."

Tyler smiles, He seemed, almost, worried.

"I'll just go change." But Tyler being his outgoing self, started to undress before he got into the closet.

Turning back, Tyler smirks, "Red looks good on you." Jessie's face becomes a deeper shade of red.

Before Jessie can come up with some snide comeback, Tyler shuts the closet door.

Like everyday, Tyler glances down, an see's a mix of Dark blue and lavender purple,

Tyler smiles, running his fingertips over the cover.

While zipping up his pants, Tyler exits the closet. To see Jessie sitting on his bed, his face deep in thought. "Um, are you ready to go?" Tyler asks, while walking over to his nightstand and grabbing his keys.

"Yeah." And before Tyler can say anything, Jessie is out of the room, walking down the steps.

What happened? Tyler thought, while shutting his light off, walking down the stairs.

"So, Where do you live?" Tyler asks Jessie.

"it's close around here... I think."

Tyler laughs, "You think?"

"I just moved here."

Tyler looks over at Jessie, "From where?"

Jessie's smile falls, "Florida."

"Florida? Wow, why so far?"

Jessie's face changes. To an emotion Tyler has never seen before.

Love.

"My father's job gave him the option, move, Or you're fired. He chose 'move'" Jessie shakes his head, trying to clear his mind.

"Do you miss it there?"

"No." Says Jessie, with no hesitation.

"No?"

Jessie looks away, from his window, into Tyler's eyes, "No." And looks out the window once again. Leaving Tyler, with many questions.

"Thanks for the ride."

"you're welcome Jessie. I guess, I'll see you around."

Jessie smiles, without really even meaning to, "See you around."

The last thing Tyler saw, was Jessie knock on the door, and a middle-aged, beautiful woman opened it up. Jessie hugs the woman, and enters the house, closing the door behind him, not before, to Tyler's satisfaction, he glances back towards Tyler, and sending one of his signature smiles.

Tyler then, goes to the cemetery, and leaves fresh flowers, like every year, on this day.

~~~

"Dude. Where did you go?"

Tyler looks down the hallway, to see Steph coming down the stairs, "I took Jessie home."

"Did you kiss him goodnight?" Steph asks, smirking.

"No. No I didn't. But if you must know, we spoke."

"Spoke? About what?"

"You know... stuff."

"What the hell does that mean, Stuff?"

"Oh who am I kidding. I asked where he lived, he told me. He also moved here from Florida. And then said see you around. Nothing happened. Absolutely nothing." Tyler walks past Steph at an attempt to end their conversation. "Dude. He'll come around. I promise." Tyler turns and faces Steph, "You can't make a promise for someone else. I appreciate what you're trying to do. But, he doesn't like me. He's not even gay. Except it. I have." Tyler turns and walks down the hall way, almost to the bottom of the stairs,

"What would Sarah have said." Tyler stops in his tracks. heat pulsing through his veins, his face becoming red with anger, Tyler turns around and looks Steph dead in the eyes, "Sarah, isn't here. And even if she was, I'm sure she would have been disgusted."

"Your sister was never like that."

"No, but she looked up to my parents, Our parents, and they left her. She would have done anything for them to except her. Even hate me. And I would have let her. Knowing what I know now, I realize, that she needed more love then what I could give her. So don't speak to me, about Sarah. because she's gone! And never coming back!" Tyler yells with all his might, running up the stairs, and slamming the door. Leaving Steph completely clueless, and over the edge guilty. I can't believe I brought that up. He thought, while picking up the house. Tyler said they'd clean it tomorrow, but, I can do it now. He thought, while picking up a empty bowl. Taking it to the kitchen.

~~~

When Jessie had gotten home, his mother had questioned him, about everything. How was the party?

Did you have any fun?

And cute girls?

Was there drugs and alcohol?

Where are your clothes?

Jessie realized that his mother had helped him get ready, of course she would notice he changed.

"Someone spilled a drink on me mom. Nothing happened. Everything is okay Mom, I promise."

Jessie's mother has always been really protective of him, of all of her kids really. So Jessie is very scared for whats about to happen, "Mom. Can I, Can I talk to you?" She turns around, "Of course honey, whats up?"

"Well mom, I. I-I, God, Mom I love you, No matter what. and I hope that you don't hate m-"

"Honey, No matter what you did, would I ever, in a million years, hate you." Jessie nods, takes a deep breath. "Honey whats wrong? You finally coming out of the closet?"

...

...

...

"Honey close your mouth."

Jessie snaps his mouth shut, "How?" Completely speechless.

"How what sweetie."

"How did you know?"

"Oh you are gay!!" she seemed to be happy,

"No. I mean, I'm not attracted to women or men. But this guy, He's.."

"Breath taking?"

Jessie laughs, "Yeah."

"OH! we'll just have to invite him over for dinner sometime this week. you know, Sierra is coming home from college. She will be so glad to see you doing well."

"Great."

"Oh honey, you seem down, whats wrong."

"Well, this guy, doesn't really know I like him. At all, and he's on the football team, he wouldn't- isn't interested in me."

"You fell for the quarterback, didn't you. h'm, Cliche." His mother chuckles, "Actually he's lead blocker."

"Well, you have to bring him home."