Chapter 1: Shiro

My name is Kasumi (花澄: Ka meaning flower/blossom and sumi meaning clear/pure.) I'm what some might call a tsundere. I have an older brother and sister and my parents look after us as much as possible. It's the first day back at school and I have to say, I am not excited.

"Look at you, you're all ready for your first day back," Mum says, tightening my pigtails. I roll my eyes and grab my bag from the table. "Bye mum," I reply, swinging it over my back. "Aren't you gonna wait for your siblings?" Dad asks as he blocks the door. NO WAY. "Umm, I'd like some privacy that's all," I say awkwardly. I push him out the way and head to the bus stop. "They're both puro no bakas anyway."

I put my earphones in and start listening to twenty one pilots. I look down and don't focus on the road ahead. Literally a disaster waiting to happen. Suddenly, a boy runs into me. My phone flies out of my hand and all I can do is watch. The boy grabs it and passes it to me. "Here you go, are you alright?" he grabs my hand and pulls me up. My cheeks go a bright red. His eyes glimmer so brightly, he's the prince of my dreams. "Y-yeah, b-b-but even if I wasn't I w-wouldn't need your help, b-baka," I reply, turning away.

He laughs and says, "My name's Shiro, what's yours?" I roll my eyes and say, "Kasumi. And why were you laughing?" "Just thought of a funny joke that's all," he lies. He has a gentle laugh, his hair is a light brown and his eyes are a beautiful green. Suddenly, I hear familiar laughs from down the road. "Oh hey sis, have you gotten yourself a boyfriend already?" Huni asks.

"Hey! We're friends, I guess, well anyway it's not like I like him or anything!" I shout, "C'mon Shiro, let's go, I presume you take the bus too." I take Shiro's arm and start walking. As I walk I begin to sing a little tune. "Da, da, dada da," I sing. Shiro laughs, "You have a nice voice." "Well no one asked for your opinion," I reply instantly. We both stay silent until we arrive at the bus stop.

A girl called Gamumei sits next to us. She's a Yandere and gets bullied a lot since she killed her last boyfriend. I guess you could say she loved him to death. Sorry, bad pun. I kinda feel bad for her though, it's in a Yanderes nature to kill, she can't help herself so she gets bullied for it. "H-hi Gamumei," I say awkwardly. No response. Oh well.

"Did someone dare you to speak to me?" She asks.
"No."
"Then why did you do it?"
"Well, I guess I just want to try and make your life a bit better. I suppose at least a small hello from someone can brighten up your day."
She rolls her eyes and looks away. Just my luck. "That was nice of you," Shiro says suddenly. I freak out for a moment then reply, "Well I would do that for anyone." "Including me?" He asks.
"Anyone but you, dummy." He sighs and whispers, "It was worth a shot.

The bus arrives and we hop on. I sit on a two seater bit, hoping Shiro will come sit next to me. "Hey is it ok if I call you Kasumi Chan?" He asks. "O-only if I can call you Shiro Kun," I reply. He nods and smiles. He sits down and peers at my book. "Hey what's that about?" he asks. "Uh- It's kinda stupid, like you I guess," I reply stuffing my face into it.

"Oh come on!"
"Oh alright. It's about a girl, whose parents were killed and she was sent to an asylum because she was insa- oh I'll just read the blurb. "Fran has been sent to Oswald Asylum where so many other children stay. She meets many friends including Emily, Sam, Lilly and Itward. Before escaping the asylum a dark angel joins the team. They arrive at Ithersta where more friends are made and they prepare to take on Remor." You happy now Shiro Kun?" I say. He smiles and pulls out his book. I tilt my head to read the title, Locked Up Boy. Sounds cool, I guess.

The bus stops and he takes my hand and leads us off the bus. For a moment I keep my fingers intertwined with his, but only for a moment. "What are you doing? People are gonna think I like you or something." He let's go slowly and he stares into my eyes. I smile, whilst blushing, and look down at the floor.

We arrive in the courtyard and Lance, this kid from Amerika, shouts, "Oh look, the tsundere has a boyfriend." I don't know how to respond, Shiro must know I am a tsundere now, he must know I l-like him. "Just shut up! Even if I was a tsundere I wouldn't like him," I reply walking away.

"Just admit it! You like him. Even if you don't admit it, he knows," he shouts from behind him. "Well you're just a, what's the word? Oh I know BAKA! Actually, no. That's too tame, you're a PURO NO BAKA!" I shout a few tears leaving my eyes. I storm off and hide in the bathroom. "I don't like him, I don't like him," I repeat. I stop and I am filled with realisation, "I l-love him," I whisper, ending the sequence.