Chapter 8

I was still at the Weasleys' a couple days later when Molly announced that Bill and Fleur were going to be coming over for dinner that evening. This was news, I hadn't ever met Bill, and I faintly knew that him and Fleur were together, but I didn't know they still were.

That night at dinner Bill and Fleur walked in just as we were finishing setting up, "Sorry we are a bit late, I forgot we would have to walk past all the anti-apparation charms."

"Oh you look wonderful," Molly fussed over Fleur, "It's nothing to worry about, we were just about to sit down," she told her son.

Halfway through dinner Fleur and Bill started to look at each other strangely, as if they wanted to say something. The rest of us quickly picked up on it, but no one made any comments.

Finally Billy grumbled and cleared his throat, "Me and Fleur have some exciting news," he looked at her with a smile on his face, "We know it's not the best timing, but we don't want to wait, so we've decided to get married"

The place went nuts. Molly started to scream about her eldest son getting married. Arthur hugged Fleur and everyone else was smiling and celebrating.

At the end of dinner Fleur and Bill went off to the side with Molly and Arthur, and seemed to be involved in a serious conversation. I suspected it was something to do with their engagement, so I followed my friends back upstairs.

Three days later I got a note from my father asking me to come home for a couple days. Blake opted to stay with the rest of them, recently he had been getting along much better with them.

When I got home I walked in and asked, "So what's the matter?"

He shrugged, "Nothing is really the matter, I just want to discuss something with you, and then I need your help making more potions for my stores at Hogwarts."

"Okay, so what's up?"

"I went back to talk to Albus two days ago. He had owled me and asked me to come in to see him," he paused, "I'm sure you're now aware that Harry went to go convince Professor Horace Slughorn to come back and teach?"

I nodded, "He told all of us about him yeah. Did he actually say yes now?"

Severus nodded, "Yes, he and Dumbledore made a contract and everything. He is going to be teaching POtions though, not D.A.D.A. so Albus has asked me to take over teaching that class."

I smiled, "That' what you've always wanted, that's great! Hopefully you last through the one year curse of every other professor we've had," I finished with a laugh.

He didn't look as elated as I expected him to, having just found out he was going to have his dream job, "Yeah I hope so," he replied, though he didn't sound convinced, "Who knows if I'll even make it through this summer with this Vow though," he added with a bitter laugh.

I scowled, "Shut up. You said you and Dumbledore have a plan, do you really think that plan won't work?"

"Oh it'll work, I just don't want to have to do that plan."

It was obvious he wasn't going to tell me anything. I also knew that this conversation and making some potions wasn't going to take a few days. He just wanted to see me and spend time with me. I was completely fine with that, but I was also worried that it was prompted by him thinking he was going to die soon.

The next morning he had even more to tell me, "Sit down," he said as I made my way down the stairs.

He had his coat on as if he'd already been out, but it was only ten in the morning, "Where have you been?"