-19-

BOOK! BOOK! Haha sorry for the self promotion but please please!!! It would mean the world if you went to check out my new book, 'Fixing the Alpha' on my profile. It's just as good as RM! You'd all love itt❤️

-
-
-
UNEDITED

They stalk closer to my shaking form frozen to the door, I don't stand a chance with raging mad vampires. The least I could do with some garlic and a cross but those are only myths.

They continue towards me, their gazes fixed on me, I scream for help even though no one will come.

They smirk and look at each other, "I think we've teased her enough. Time for a nibble" one whispers.

My eyes open as I feel, their breath hit my cheek, I turn my head to the side away from both the vampires. I hear him breathe in, his breath cold against me.

"Jeez she smells like a damn dog" his nose crinkles and he backs away from me. I let out a sigh of relief.

"Don't be stupid," I can hear the sarcasm in his voice as the other vampire comes near so close I can smell him.

"Oh gross she does," he says and backs up they give me the stink eye while moving away.

"They're on their way let's get out of here!" Their voices coming out nervous as they back away from me to the open window. They both climb out and disappear down the side of the house.

I let out a breath and back up, the door opens instantly and I'm enveloped in a warm embrace, by Dorian. His cologne masking the scent of blood.

"Did those pricks hurt you?" He pushes me away and checks me for any wounds. I shake my head and look down at my feet.

"Do you smell it?" I ask looking back up into his violet eyes.

"What?" He says, his toes furrowing.

"Those other two, said I smelled like a dog... is that true?"

His eyes become dark purple at that as he sighs, "yas I noticed the first time I met you, at the time I thought it was from you working at the clinic. But then I became acquainted with Mr and Mrs. Cain. Your mother. She told me about being a hybrid."

I nod understanding it all.

"I told her about you and the smell, and she made it clear about the gifts you held since your mother was a werewolf--" I cut him off.

"Gifts?"

He smiles, "yas, you weren't able to shift and become a werewolf since your blood was also half-human but you had traits given to you by your mother, for example, you are able to heal quickly after being wounded since werewolves are also able to heal. You are faster than most humans and animals tend to understand you. Especially canines" Dorian says moving us towards the couch in the center of the darkroom.

It all becomes crystal clear. Why I was able to heal after jumping out of the window how everything healed so fast.

"I never knew..."

"It was a shock when I found out about you. I was a bit saddened by it too" he says his eyes looking down at his hands.

"Why?"