-11-

|An Amazing cover made by -Shaya-  thanks so much love ♥️|
Word Count: 1719

"Two guards will be stationed at guard your cottage for the whole day," Jasper says crossing his arms over his chest.

My jaw drops and I narrow my eyes at him, "what?! I don't need a babysitter."

"It's either that or you come to live with me," he says.

I grumble and shake my head. "It's settled then, you'll be protected this way." He wraps one strong arm around my waist and pulls me close. Because of my size my headrests right under his jaw.

I shift my head at an angle to look up at Jasper. He looks down at me a slow smile gracing his lips, his head lowers, and touches his lips to mine.

He pulls away and now a frown is etched onto his face.

"Just as I expected. The scent is still evident." He says.

My eyebrows knit together with confusion. "What do you mean?"

He sighs and runs a hand through his hair. "That vampire injected you with wolfsbane"

My jaw drops, "w-what?!"

Jasper nods solemnly "my guess is that since I marked you and my scent is now mixed with yours that you were a Werewolf, it's been a long time coming that we've had a feud for years and now it's only grown stronger. Because of you "

"Me?"

"Yas, they want you. Or they wanted you but since they believed you became a werewolf they thought it would be best to kill you off" he growls and pulls me closer to his chest.

"It's okay! I'm safe" I smile and kiss his cheek.

"So now we need to make sure they still believe that you're dead. They won't come after you if they think you are dead." He says his lips turning up at the sides slightly.

"So this wolfsbane they injected me with was meant to kill me because they believed I was a werewolf?" I ask,  my brain still reeling with the possibility.

He nods a solemn look taking over his features, "the guards will keep you protected while I'm away, please for once just stay put and don't leave"

"But what about work?" I ask, it was extremely important since Liz was recovering I had to take care of the vet.

Jasper sighs and shakes his head, "I can't risk your safety by letting you out alone" he grabs me once again and starts rubbing circles along my arms.

I huff and push him away, I cross my arms and glare up at him, "fine!" I stomp my foot. I know I am acting childish but if I make him feel guilty enough he'll have to let me right?

"Just stay here for me? I can't lose you again, it would tear me apart" he says his eyes softening.

I roll my eyes and give in plastering a solid smile across my face, I nod and go to hug him. "I'll stay"

He kisses the top of my head and turns to leave, "I'll be back by evening"

I nod as he closes the door, I sigh and turn to enter my living room, I go over to the computer and turn on the screen heading to google and typing in werewolf, if I was going to be living in a world filled with them I needed to know about them.