-9-

|Thank you my lovely readers for over 19k reads!!|

Lizette's eyes dart around the forest behind me as if trying to locate the source of her bite.

My heart pounds deep in my chest like a maraca shaking at a constant cycle, I bring my hands down to hold down Liz's shoulders to calm her down.

She lets out another scream and my eyes move down to hers, tears stream down her bloodied face dripping onto the dirt underneath her, her chest also rising and falling erratically.

"I-its going to b-be okay Liz," I say checking my surroundings, blood is coming out of her neck fast now and soon she'll fall unconscious.

I grab the bottom of my t-shirt and lift the edge up to my mouth, using my mouth I rip a long strip off and use the measly piece of fabric to help stop someone the bleeding. Liz has stopped screaming which tells me that she's fallen unconscious.

I let out a sigh of relief glad that she won't be able to feel pain, then I pull off the cardigan I had on and tied the sleeve around her neck to prevent more blood from oozing out. I sit back wiping my forehead smearing blood across it.

Then I realize that my phone is sitting on my dining room counter, I stand up and grab both of Liz's arms and drag her along the forest floor only stopping when I reached the forest edge, I pulled her further into the grass then lay her down carefully.

I turn and sprint for the back door adrenalin pumping through my chest, I slam the door open and race into my kitchen my eyes getting used to the darkness, my eyes scan both the counters and everywhere around my kitchen. I curse under my breath and lie flat on the ground checking under the counters and in the corners. Nothing.

I groan and race into the dining room to find my phone laying on the coffee table, I grab in and run back outside kneeling beside Liz.

I push her blond hair away from her eyes and dial 911 then pressing the phone up against my ear.

It rings once before a clear voice interrupts the silence.

"Crownsville 911 services, what is your emergency?" A women's voice says.

I take a deep breath then relay what had happened to her, she then asked me what my address was and what happened, then she said that an ambulance and police car were on their way and would be here in a matter of minutes.

She hangs up the phone when I hear the sirens racing down the dirt road racing closer to my house.

Three men race around into the backyard two of them pushing a stretcher, the other one running in front.  They wheel it up beside me and I stand back letting them work on her, she gets transferred onto the stretcher and I follow as she's wheeled to the ambulance parked in front of my house.

My eyes widen when I spot a mass of people crowded around the ambulance trying to see what all the commotion was about since it's not every day that accidents happen in our small quaint town.

Curiously I slip over towards the crowd and notice Mrs. Greene my older neighbor standing off to the side.

"Rose! Oh dear, I thought you were the one that got hurt" she waddles over and wraps her arms around me.

I smile and hug her back, she's been like a mother to me since my mother died and my dad has been god knows where, I've gotten used to her home-baked pies and food she'd drop off while walking her dog.

"I'm fine, it was Liz I think she got attacked by some type of animal..." I trail off looking down at the ground.

That's what I would say to anyone who asked, only an animal attack. I knew deep down that this was something supernatural. Since I've found out about jasper and his kind I now believe that other supernatural beings live among us.