-12-

Word count; 1790

-Previously on Royally Mated-

"We can't leave! Jasper is hurt somewhere" I cry out my heart racing with anticipation to find him.

A flash of pain shoots across Collin's face, "there's nothing you can do for him Luna, your just human it's impossible" Collin says.

I hear a gunshot sound from behind me in the distance, I wipe my head in that direction determination filling my core, I take a deep breath and take off in the direction of the gunshot. I hear Collin curse from behind me but before he had the chance to shift and run after me I am already halfway there.

I will find him... I have to find him

-
-
-

My heart races as my shoes hit the dirt, my legs stride by with ease my body hurling forward into the night the only direction I have guiding me is that echoing sound of a shot blaring through the night air.

I don't dare take a look behind me because I know Collin is close behind, I wonder why he hasn't caught up with me yet... aren't werewolves supposed to be super fast?

My heart aches for Jasper, silent tears slip down my cheek as I run-up to a field, even in the darkness the full moon shines down upon the scene unfolding in front of me. My eyes quickly flicker back up to to the moon.

It's the full moon which means Jasper must be going out of his mind to get back to me. How do I know this? I might have been doing some research on my own.

I scan the mass of human and werewolves bodies scattering the whole field, I notice many werewolves jumping to attack the humans who hold guns pointed towards the wolves. My eyes narrow in on two in the middle of all this chaos.

My Dad.

My heart falls out of my chest as I watch him bring the tip of the gun right up against a dark brown wolves head, the screams leave my lips as soon as I realize which wolf that is, he's my wolf.

Tears slip down my cheek as incoherent screams flow out of my mouth, everything stops at that moment all eyes turn towards me. I race to the middle, I feel someone attempt to grab my arm, I look back once to see Collin shifted back into human form shaking his head as if warning me not to.

I yank my arm free and turn to Jasper and my father. My dad's confused eyes meet mine and I stalk towards him passing a mass of werewolves who bow down when I pass them.

I step closer to my father my eyes moving down to Jasper's chocolate coloured ones, they soften and he tries to push his body closer but a wave of pain passes through me and he cries out.

I notice his side, blood gushes out, I bite my lip telling myself I cannot let my father know.

I turn to my father, "what are you doing!" I yell motioning around to all the humans and werewolves.

"They are a danger to us, Rose.. you must realize this! They need to be exterminated" he says. He sounds insane my dad wouldn't say these things. He's the drunk one, not the crazy wolf killer.

"They haven't done anything wrong!" I scream stumbling back.

An evil grimace appears across his face, it adds to his overall evilness, "what don't you see Rose! These monsters took your mother. I'll be damned if I let them run free again." He seethes and I see the determination swirling in his emerald green eyes fierce with brutality like he's been waiting for so long.