Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

Kyler's POV

My heart thumped loudly in an irregular beat.

Conflicted emotions rushed all around me, making me feel woozy.

No. Damn. Way.

My mate was not only male, but by far the hottest piece of hunky ass meat ever.

I was drooling internally as my mate stared back at me from his kneeling position on the ground.

I can shamelessly say that Dalton Kane, the exiled 'danger-to-society' Alpha, made me want to do some really inappropriate things.

Shaking the thoughts from my mind, I blushed as he rose from his very promising in position, the tin of biscuits he was scavenging for tucked under one arm.

"Mate..." I whimpered and immediately bit down on my tongue. It went against my dominant nature to stoop down to such a level.

Stop thinking those thoughts!

His stormy blue eyes were fixated on me and I had to tilt my head up a little since he was taller than me.

I took a step back, maintaining personal space and also to check him out a little.

Shit, he was gorgeous.

Dalton's POV

I was resisting. Resisting the urge to loose all control and ravish my little mate... with hugs.

My mate, the future Alpha of one of the most powerful packs ever to roam the land, was gazing at me with a mixture of lust and adoration with his head tilted a little.

I was able to read most his emotions rolling off him ever so clearly.

Some of them went along the lines of panic while other were just wanton thoughts.

"You're my mate..." he seemed kind of unsure and I flashed him a smile, "And you're mine."

His face flushed before regaining it's natural tan color.

"Can... we discuss this elsewhere?"

He meant not within the compound of the pack house.

Anyone could walk in on us and immediately sense the mating bond which was, by the way, close to driving my wolf to it's limitations.

"That would be a smart idea," I thought to him and he squeaked.

"Get out of my head!"

"No can do, babe. It's safer here. More privacy."

He scowled, looking more like a confused puppy, and cried, "Don't call me that! If were going to be a couple then I don't want those cheesy pet names!"

As if he just realized that he had blurted it out, his cerulean eyes grew wide and he covered his mouth with his hand.

"Can we go please!" he thought urgently and I agreed. I wanted some alone time with my mate.

Setting down my tin of biscuits that I'd originally planned to eat, we made our way stealthily to the back door before shifting into our wolves and galloping off into the woods.

-

Kyler led me to the small clearing we'd come across not too long ago.

He shifted into a human behind some thick shrubbery, which my wolf strongly disagreed on, and I shifted back soon after.

"So... mates..." he started awkwardly, gazing everywhere but at me.

"Yeah. I guess. Life huh?" I laughed and then stopped when I realized that he wasn't laughing along with me.

"We're two pretty dominant Alphas... won't there be some conflict when it comes to..." he trailed off, turning a bright red in color.

"We'll cross that bridge when we get to it, sweet cheeks."

"Ewww, don't even think about going there with that nickname."

I chuckled at his thought and he blushed even harder.

"Can... can I hug you?" he looked up at me with huge puppy dog eyes and I melted into a puddle of Kane syrup on the floor right then and there.

"You don't even need permission, mate."

He nodded, staring down at the ground. Not moving a muscle.

That was when I decided that unless I didn't make the first move, we both were going to be standing there for an awfully long time until who knows when.

Taking in a deep breath, I strode forward and put my arms over his shoulders, pulling him to me and he complied without any kind of hesitation, putting his arms around my waist area.

He was perfect. Just the right height for hugging too.

Not too short and not towering over me, which I was grateful for.

He hid his face in my neck and I was being creepy, sniffing him and trying to memorize how he felt in my arms.

It was like we were complete.

It made me and my wolf very happy.

Not in the arousing way though. No, we were just happy that our mate accepted us and here we were, standing in a beautiful clearing with our lovely mate in our embrace.

He pulled back a little and I relaxed my vice-like grip on him.

He gazed up at me and I looked down fondly back at him.

I leaned closer to him, bending over just a but until we were face-to-face.

Then very slowly and cautiously, I brought my lips to his.

And he kissed me back gently, a little scared if I must.

And in that moment, I had never felt so right in my entire existence.