Chapter Six

Chapter Six

Kyler's POV

After the whole pack meeting, my wolf decided to play responsible Alpha and go patrol the borders on our own.

"But why! I'm so tired!" I whined and he growled, giving me a fifteen minutes lecture about the importance of upholding the leadership if not a I would simply get knocked off leadership tree. Or at least it went something like that.

So here I was, standing at the northern border, reasoning with my wolf that nothing was wrong and no one trespassed our territory. He, being the big-headed asshole he is, kept arguing that he sensed someone or something who was not supposed to be here in our land.

"Look," I sniffed the air for evidence, "it smells normal here. Someone definitely defecated around here but that would be easily gone in a few days."

God damn those young wolves that just had to go and not clean up after themselves.

"That scent though... don't you smell it? It smells like two week old meatloaf," he whined some more and I sighed.

"Sorry bud, we're heading back for dinner now," I told him calmly and felt that certain internal peace when he agreed with me.

---

The whole walk back he was pestering me about the strange scent. Talk about annoying.

I trudged into the dining room and the smell of potatoes wafted through the air. Yum.

"So..." I looked up to see Kelsey, Rick and Alix. Kelsey, being a bit of a slut like her brother, had her boobs hanging out right in front of my face and I looked away awkwardly. Talk about gross. No one in the pack knew that I was gay. Except for Alix, since she had the six sense and could sense something was up with me. Also that because she was my bestest friend in the whole world and would castrate me if I didn't talk to her on a daily basis.

"We've seen you around, not really dating anyone and stuff. And decided that since your birthday's still ages away, why not set you up with a hot chick that would take you to heaven and back?" Rick continued for his sister and Kelsey squealed with happiness. I shot Alix a bored look which she returned with a shrug.

"It's fine guys, really. I'm not in for a relationship at the moment. Especially with my birthday so close which means that I'll be Alpha with a mate and don't really want to get involved with all this 'no strings attached' crap. Once again thanks but no thanks," I explained to Rick and Kels who seemed kind of down not being able to play love doctor for their future Alpha.

I knew that my pack would be accepting to me coming out. But you know, maybe when I get my mate and it turns out to be a girl I would change. Trust me, I loved being gay, embraced it whole, and didn't view it as a bad thing but it just seemed easier to keep it all to myself rather than throw it all out there for the world to know.

I'm a weird kid.

After being sad and pouty for twenty seconds, Kels and Rick headed off somewhere to harass other people about other unimportant things. They were just like little kids. Alix slid into the seat next to me, raising a dark eyebrow, "Don't you plan on telling anyone? We won't judge you for it, you know?" I shook my head, smiling.

"It's fine, really."