Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Kyler's POV

Fifteen adult wolves including Harvey and myself piled into the meeting room. Otherwise known as the attic. It was undoubtedly creepy with a single tiny stained glass window and lit up by fancy candles. A huge rectangular antique table sat in the middle of the already small room and equally as antique chairs surrounded it.

I took my rightful position of the Alpha- at the head of the table while Harvey sat to my right.

Once everyone was settled in their seats and the buzzing died down, I cleared my throat nervously and started the meeting. "Uh... Let the meeting commence," I slunk back into my seat, giving Harvey the spotlight to report his findings.

"So I presume everyone has heard the news of ex-Alpha Kane?" The wolves murmured and nodded and Harvey continued, "The Red Pine Pack has sent a representative to inform us the Alpha Kane had escaped their clutches as of last night and fled in the direction of our land. We may all just assume that he is within the boundaries. Extra patrols will be enforced and rifles will be handed out. You all are to keep an eye out for this Alpha. He's exiled and most probably is slightly... unhinged and very aggressive. If you encounter him, you are to bring him here. Do not hesitate to use brute force if required."

Just like that, Harvey ended his report and a sense of uneasiness hung in the air like a deadly fog. No one was comfortable with having an intruder within the borders. It was a no-no.

"Wait!" I exclaimed and catching everyone's attention and carried on, "Refrain from exposing us to the humans in the town. Also our number one priority is to protect them- not terrify them and turn them against us, so yeah... if you meet this Alpha in a crowded place, bring the fighting someplace away from any human. Is that clear?" I raised a brow and the rest dipped their heads in acknowledgment.

"If there is no further questions, this meeting is now dismissed," I watched the rest of the adult werewolves get up and make their way out of the room.

Something was bugging me internally. "You're an Alpha! How can you just allow this intruder to waltz into the territory and bring potential harm to your people!" my wolf hissed at me and I saw it's bright yellowish orange eyes in my head. This caused me to shift uncomfortably in my seat and got a suspicious glance from Harvey.

Once everyone cleared out and I ended the internal battle with my annoying wolf, Harvey stood up and patted my back, "Hey, don't look so stressed. I get that the duties of an Alpha are kind of crashing down onto you right now but eventually you'll learn to lead the pack with ease. They all really respect you, Kyler," with that, Harvey ruffled my hair and strode out of the room.

Like I said, he was an older brother to me.

Kane's POV ( a few hours earlier )

I was just captured. The Red Pine Pack were my captors. A relatively small and less powerful pack compared to my old one. The one that I used to lead. I growled at the memory.

Within an hour of being 'captured', I had broken out and fled.

"So long suckers!" I snarled as I transformed into a huge black wolf and raced off into the woods. I sensed the edge of their territory near me and bounded over in twenty seconds flat.

Being an Alpha wolf gave me more size and strength that I greatly appreciated.

Once I had gotten out of their space, I spent sometime disgusting my scent- making it nearly unrecognizable. On the bad side I stunk of rotting prey. Disgusting.

I sniffed the air, listening closely for any noise that I was being followed. Luckily, none. But my nose told me that another pack's territory lay ahead. And by the feeling of it, this was no pushover pack like the Red Pine.

What was the only other pack in the area? Sadly, it was a much- and by much I mean much- stronger pack that my old pack had lost to before, the Silver Range Pack.

My day was just getting progressively better.