Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

Kane's POV

The pack that was holding me treated me fair enough. Everyday I woke up to the annoying sound of little kids screaming and nearly blinding sunlight. Three weeks now.

After freshening up, I would usually head down to behind the kitchen where a tray of food would be placed down for me by the cooks. I was to eat alone in their huge backyard which, wasn't all that bad. They had decked it out with a waterside connecting to a large pool and trees surrounded the yard to give us privacy.

I was their 'prisoner' although I wasn't thrown into prison and treated like shit. I tried asking why they were treating me, a fugitive, quite decently but that idea was quickly shot down by my wolf who then proceeded to call me a royal idiot.

Gee thanks, really feeling the love here.

I took a seat across from the only wolf who I trusted in this pack, Doctor Michaela. She was down-to-earth and if I weren't gay, I would totally take the opportunity to snatch her up and make her mine. Both of us didn't have mates yet. That was something that bonded us together.

"So how's the pack for ya?" Michaela asked for like the thousandth time, throwing away the expired medicine from the medical cabinet. Spring cleaning. How fun.

I shrugged, "they're a group of nice people. Although I still don't get why that blonde werewolf teenager keeps on trying to flirt with me. I'm never going to get it on with her, that's really disgusting." I wrinkled my nose at the thought of her skanky little body beneath me.

"Huh? Oh, that's Kelsey. She's still seventeen, mateless and the stereotypical dumb blonde. She's a nice girl though, sticks by her friends and makes everyone laugh," Michaela didn't look away from the boxes of pills as she answered me.

"I would prefer if she kept her friendliness to herself. The last thing I want is to be accused of raping a minor." Michaela laughed at that.

I smiled, glancing down at a new drawer of undiscovered medical equipment before sorting through it.

I was halfway into the thing when we were interrupted. A man, radiating authority stood there, crossing his arms as he stared straight at me.

"Aleksander! You're back!" Michaela exclaimed, shooting to her feet and for some reason turning a light shade of pink. I was particularly good at reading people and I knew at once that she had a crush on Aleksander here.

"Yup, and I'm here to stay. As your new Beta!" he announced proudly, turning to face the doctor and subsequently forgetting about my presence.

Michaela seemed to put the puzzle pieces together and her mood fell at once, making me feel bad for her. "That's... great, Aleks!" she beamed and the man grinned before turning back to me and the smile was wiped off his face.

"I've heard about you Alpha Kane," he sneered and at once I felt my dislike for him growing. Not only was he rude but a total oblivious idiot. How do packs choose their leaders nowadays?

"One wrong move and you're gone for good."

I scoffed, my wolf did not like being threatened by a sad excuse of a Beta. "Nice to meet you too," I sneered back tauntingly and Aleksander curled his lip at me. What an asshat, seriously.

With that, he spun around on his heels and strode out. Strange guy.

I spared a small glance at Michaela, who had quietly gone back to minding her own business. She seemed bothered and I decided to let it rest. Give her some alone time, time to cool off and to think.