Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

Kyler's POV

I gulped, truly frickin' scared for the near future.

My father was facing me all silent and stuff and it was really getting to me. He seemed lost in thought, almost to the point where I thought he had died a little.

"... Dad?" I squeaked, straight away hating how weak I sounded. For Christ's sake Kyler, you're the Alpha now. The big cheese. Learn to stick up for yourself.

"Are you sure it's not a phase?"

I jumped, startled and then frowned. How could he even think that. Ugh.

"No of course not! I'm pretty sure that I'm not sexually attracted to the female species in anyway!"

My father ran a hand through his almost-silver-y blonde hair.

"Listen Kyls. I am perfectly fine with you being a... homosexual... but do note that you're an Alpha now. You have a pack to lead and a duty to the pack. You need to breed new Alpha bloodline children that can take your place when your time comes. I don't think you can do that with a male..."

I relaxed a little on the inside. He wasn't flipping out and going batshit crazy on my about being gay. Yes!

"... You would also be feeling that tug in your heart from the moment you experienced your change. That's the calling of your second half. To be honest Kyler, I'm not sure what you've gotten yourself into and how it would work out but maybe once you've met your female mate you'd be changed back into being... well, normal."

I crossed my arms.

"Mating with a chick? No thanks," I grumbled and my wolf make a little noise of protest along.

"I get that this is hard and probably very confusing right now. I'm going to consult the elders about this little... complication while you'd better try to scope out your mate. Either way, I love you son."

I managed a weak smile as my father left the meeting room, leaving me all alone.

A big part of me wanted to crawl under the table and die. I didn't want a female mate.

Just the thought of the deed being done with a girl was enough to make me gag.

"Oh Goddess, help me."

-

I was stretched out by the pool with Gabe and Rick. A bachelor's party if you think about it. Also there was no luck in coming relatively close to who my mate was. In fact, the bond seemed to grow weaker and weaker until it was nothing but a light itching sensation.

The bright side was that neither Rick nor Gabe turned out to be my mate. Gabe's coming of age was approaching pretty fast and I admit that I would be looking forward to seeing the big ol' powerful Gabriel being forced down by his tiny mate.

"Savannah?" Rick tried uselessly and I thought of the short and sassy strawberry blonde. My wolf didn't react to my memory of her face or scent. I shook my head and Rick groaned. They were trying to pinpoint who my mate was but to no avail.

"Kelsey!" Gabe shouted and immediately it was a no.

That would be so weird.

"Damn Kyler. That's nearly all the mateless females in the 'go for it' category. Don't want to be moving into those creepy old cougars who spend all their time on the internet stalking hot guys don't we?"

"Oh I know! Is it Bear?" Gabe chipped in and surprised me with the mention of the large and very intimidating wolf in our pack. His name wasn't actually Bear- he just really resembled one.

Towering over everyone at a staggering height of nearly 7"1 and packed with muscles, he was certainly a sight for sore eyes. It didn't help that Bear had a naturally good looking face and like the hottest laugh ever.

Sadly my wolf turned it's nose down to the delectable mental picture of Bear and I sighed.

"Nope."

Rick shrugged, shifting about to get the sun on his back. "Maybe your mate'll come around soon so that little gay baby Kyler stop being such a woman."

I glared at him and he laughed.

"Kidding bro. Love ya mate."

I rolled my eyes at Rick's little comment.

As Rick settled down into his towel I couldn't help but catch Gabe staring at his butt the whole time through the corner of my eye.

Looks like I may not be the only gay one in this pack.