Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

Unknown man's POV

No, no, no!

Everything was spiraling downhill rapidly.

Soon all I lived for will be destroyed!

I roared in a rage, my wolf already starting to take over, and sent yet another collection of glass shattering.

All that my father built with his blood, sweat and tears. This cannot be happening!

I was practically shaking with anger at this point when someone walked into the room. Whoever that was must have a death wish.

"Out! Get out!" I shrieked, my back still facing the door but their presence still lingered. That, of course, angered my wolf even more.

"Calm down. Now." The voice ordered sternly and I shrank down slightly at the authority in it.

I turned to face my beautiful mate, fists clenching and teeth gritted.

"I'm sorry for snapping at you but now's really not the best time," I tried to keep my voice as level-headed as possible but no one could miss the coldness seeping through.

My mate studied me with emotionless blue eyes before nodding, "alright, just don't do anything stupid. Okay?"

I nodded stiffly and waited until my mate exited the room before collapsing on my chair.

This was all happening because of that wretched Alpha.

I had gone so far in getting his own pack to turn their backs against him and throw him out to fend for himself but somehow he had managed to weasel himself back into another pack.

He was not a prisoner, no.He was treated as a lower class wolf, but the pack accepted him with open arms.

What the fuck.

Everything was going to hell.

What if he found out who he really was?

What if he discovered his mate?

What if he unlocked his true potential and overthrew us because he was complete?

I simply could not allow that to happen.

Everything I stood for will be demolished like a child's sandcastle.

"Damn it!" I swore loudly, punching the desk so hard that it creaked but didn't break.

Curse you James Knight. I growled low in my throat before pushing back roughly from the desk and stalking out.

Kyler's POV

Aleksander's crowning had gone relatively well and it was fast approaching my birthday. In just ten minutes, to be exact.

My wolf was restless and my palms were clammy.

I really do hope that my parents would accept me for who I am and not my sexuality. And I also hope that my mate's a guy.

How would things workout if I didn't even feel any physical attraction towards my Alpha female? I dropped the idea whole as it made my wolf whine in discomfort.

Anyway, Aleksander was probably somewhere consummating his love with Craig and I'm not going to touch on that topic with a ten foot pole.

The ceremony ended in a mass hunt and wild party, in which all the young wolves were chased into the house to watch some movies while the older ones celebrated.

Andy, Aleksander's father, had happily stepped down, after years of being the pack's Beta, he was more than willing to take a break and finally be left alone with his slightly weird wife, Elise.

Alixandra, Rick, Kelsey and Gabe had spent sometime standing around, talking to me before they were ushered back inside since they were underage.

I was still required to stick by my parent's side- which was totally annoying, I'll tell you that.

I caught sight of Dalton a couple of times during the party and it made my heart thump painfully in my chest. He was so good looking that I just couldn't.

His dark hair was done up nicely and he donned a maroon low cut and a pair of Bermudas. So perfect.

Now I was sitting on the roof. I had climbed through my window to just enjoy the rest of the night, given that I couldn't sleep.

11.56 PM

What if my mate was a no-show?

If he or she wasn't of age yet.

If he or she wasn't even born yet
.

All these thoughts were turning my wolf into a nervous wreck.

Stop it Kyler, get yourself under control!

11.58 PM

Just two more minutes.

I wouldn't become Alpha just yet. But my wolf would go through the changes that one would take, activating the Alpha gene, which have been dormant in me for eighteen years. My scent would change. Pack members would start showing me a lot more respect.

My wolf was eager to experience the transformation of an Alpha's son to a real Alpha.

12 AM

And.... nothing. I frown, staring up at the bright moon as it shone above.

Maybe the Goddess decided to revoke my Alpha title. No homosexuals for Alphas?

I was about to crawl back into my room when I was hit with a sudden bout of adrenaline. It made my heart race unusually fast and all my senses were heightened.

I could hear a hare somewhere in the middle of the woods scratching itself, it's hind legs thumping against the ground. I could hear my friends laughing as they shared jokes while eating chips and drinking soda.

I groan and clutch at my head. It was too much!

Then I felt myself starting to shift. No stop! I ordered my wolf, who seemed to have disappeared from my mind completely.

Emotions flowed through me all at once, happiness, anger, sadness, jealousy, love and something else that I'd never felt before.

I whined, digging my half transformed nails into my shirt and ripping it off.

My wolf was still unresponsive.

Great.

My body was forced into the shift and as it grew, my pants were ripped off along with all underwear.

With one last crack, the last bone in my body shifted into place and I stood there, a sandy-gold wolf.

Then, without any control of my body, I threw my head back and howled. I felt something flow into me, like a warm flame.

What's up, kid?

I barked happily, glad that my wolf didn't abandon me.

Then I howled again, only this time my wolf was back with me.

This was amazing! I feel so unstoppable! I feel awesome!

My ears twitched forward and I heard howls off in the distance, which meant some pack members were in their wolf form and doing a midnight patrol or a hunt.

I frolicked on the roof for a while longer before deciding that I should get back into the room for some well deserved sleep.

Why can't I shift? I frowned, thinking about being human again but my body failed to comply.

Giving up, I squeezed my furry form into the small window, breaking half of it off, and knocking over some stuff that were placed on a table next to it.

I was barely conscious at this point. Was it normal to get so worn out by just an Alpha transformation? I left those questions unanswered and curled up into a cozy little ball at the foot of my bed, since it was too small to actually accommodate the whole wolf, and fell into a deep and dreamless sleep.