CHAPTER 17

-Yoonji's POV-

Hoshi and I bought the food and we sat with Mingyu and The8. However, they seemed to be glaring at each other for no apparent reason. Well, through out the whole day, they were giving each other unhappy looks.

I was curious so I decided to ask Mingyu after school.

-After school-

"Mingyu!" I called out for him. He turned to me and smiled.

"Yes jagi?" He asked me so I told him about him and The8.

"Oh uh... It's nothing actually, we were just having a... Staring competition!" He said and nervously laughed. I eyed him suspiciously but started to walk home eventually.

The8 and Mingyu we're following me, walking home as Mingyu held my left hand.

Suddenly, I felt something on my right hand too. I looked down to see The8's hand interwinding with mine. I wanted to let go but I struggled to get my hand out of his since he was too strong for me. Not saying that I'm weak or anything.

So I just gave up and let him hold my hand.

When we reached home. The both of them let go of my hands at the sane time and bid good bye to me. I waved at them and went into my room.

-The8's POV-

UGH! Why wouldn't she just give up on that Mingyu and come to me? What's even good about that Mingyu guy? Obviously, I was way better.

So, I decided to go to her house for dinner later. I'm going let you fall for me Yoonji...

A few hours later, I arrived at Yoonji's house and knocked on her door. Her mom opened the door and I greeted her.

"Hello auntie can I please see Yoonji?" I asked her and she invited me in warmly. She'd be a great mother-in-law.

Anyways, I went into Yoonji's room and found her using her phone.

"Yoonji," I called out for her as her attention adverted to me.

"Oh? The8 why are you here?" She asked with a cute face and I just smiled.

"Nothing, juts bored and I want someone to chat with," I said and sat on her bed. She came and sat next to me while we talked about our life. We talked about school and all those stuff we did while we were really really young.

When I found the right time to make the move, I quickly pinned her to the bed and looked into her eyes.

I shifted closer to her while she struggled out of my grip. Just wait for a while and you'll be mine Yoonji...

"Stop it, The8," she begged me with her eyes being as serious as ever. I didn't stop, instead I leaned in more forward.

I was suddenly pushed away by her and I fell onto the ground.

"I can't believe you did that, The8," she said, with a a tear falling from her eye. I just looked at her apologetically but secretly, I still had plan B.

I left since the atmosphere was awkward and immediately dialled a number.

"Hello? Is this Dahyun?" I asked the person on the other line.

"Duh, what do you want?"

"I want you to make it feel like Mingyu, from our school, is cheating on Yoonji," I said.

"Okay, I'd love to do that. Don't worry, I won't disappoint you,"she said and hung up.

I smirked as I waited for the plan to begin...

-The next day at school-

-Mingyu's POV-

I walked to school with Yoonji but she said she had to go to the bathroom for a while so I excused her. I waited for her in front of her locker when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I turned to my side and I was roughly pushed to the locker by...

Dahyun? What was she doing?

She immediately leaned in front and kissed me, I struggled out of the kiss as I tried pushing her away. However, she grabbed my hair painfully causing me to flinch, unable to use much strength.

"What is this?!" I suddenly heard Yoonji's voice and I knew I was in trouble, big trouble.

-Yoonji' POV-

I walked out of the bathroom only to see Mingyu kissing with Dahyun. I was furious as my blood boiled inside of me.

Not even a week and he's cheating on me? I shouldn't even have accepted him, or even liked him before... Why was I so stupid. I could tell he liked it since he didn't even pull away.

I hate you Mingyu... For breaking my heart into pieces. You'll be responsible for this.

I ran away from school while crying. I heard him call out for my name but I didn't look back, I didn't want to face him.

He cheated on me.

I ran to the park and saw a stick on the ground. A sharp stick that looked like it had just recently fell off the tree.

I picked up the tree branch, wanting to cut myself so badly. I aimed it at the part of my arm right above my wrist as I closed my eyes.

I counted. 3...2...1...
I stabbed my arm but I didn't feel the impact on me, I felt nothing except a hand holding mine.

I opened my eyes and saw The8. He was holding my hand, preventing me from stabbing myself.

Immediately, I let him embrace me to forget about everything. About the pain, the heartbreak, and the self harm I intended to do.

"The8..." I called for his name between sobs.

-The8's POV-

Finally, Yoonji will be mine and not yours anymore Mingyu. Get lost cause she doesn't trust you anymore...

My plan has worked.

I caressed Yoonji's head as I comforted her, "Shh it's okay, you can always come to me,"

I patted her head and she soon calmed down. She wasn't moving and she was burning, I guess she got a fever.

I carried her bridal style to her house and laid her on her bed. I took a wet towel and places it on her head.

"Yoonji ah, hope you get well soon," I said as she was in deep sleep. I had already told the teacher I was going to take care of Yoonji and she's sick.

"Mingyu... Don't leave..." I hear her say in her dreams. I sighed as I talked to myself.

"How Yoonji? Which part of Mingyu is so good you even say his name in your dreams? What does he have that I do not?" I thought as I looked at her sleepy face.

Why was I even doing this? Yoonji belonged to Mingyu and I'm just a third Wheeler, interrupting their happily ever after. I'm so cruel, I know right.

Suddenly, everything clicked in -- I ruined their relationship with my own hands.

-To be continued-