My...Stepbrother? {23}

I slowly blinked my eyes open. A shiver went through my body as I realized that part of me was freezing, and the other part was comfortably warm.

                I looked up slowly and saw Trace looking back down at me. I realized my head was resting on his bare chest and his arms were wrapped around me.

                He kissed my forehead. “Good morning,” he greeted.

                “Morning? What?” I asked, not moving to get up. I was too warm and comfortable. I loved the feel of his arms wrapped around my topless body.

                And then last night rushed back to me and I smiled. We had hung out on the beach together until I began to literally fall asleep on my feet.

                Trace had led me over to a little opening. It was basically a mini cave. We had cuddled inside and I had fallen asleep in this position, our shirts off and his arms lovingly wrapped around me.               

                Trace helped me sit up after a few minutes. He pecked my lips before standing up and slipping out of his jeans. He smirked at me.

                “Want to join me for a morning swim?” he offered casually.

                I jumped up and took my own jeans off. I took Trace’s hand and we made our way down the beach, our toes digging into the warm sand.

                We slowly slid into the cool water. Trace wrapped his arms around me and kissed me deeply. I rested my head on his shoulder and we stood there, rocking gently with the waves.

                “What about our parents?” I asked after a few minutes.

                “Told my dad we were at Zeke’s for the night. Zeke’s going along with it, so we’re safe,” he said and kissed my cheek.

                I wrapped my arms around him and sighed, content. “Do you think we’ll get attacked by a shark? I’ve always wanted to get attacked by a shark. That almost happened to me over in Nam. Damn near took my leg off,” I said with another sigh.

                “A shark almost took your leg off in the Vietnam War?” Trace asked, raising an eyebrow.

                I nodded. “Duh! They are vicious over there. I’m lucky I got out alive. Almost lost my leg in Nam, you know?” I said.

                Trace ran a hand through my hair and I smiled innocently. I leaned up and brought my lips to his for a gentle kiss.

                Trace held me tightly and grinned. “You ever body surfed before Kory?” he asked and I shook my head.

                He brought me out in the water a little farther. “When a wave comes, jump with it,” he explained and demonstrated for me.

                The wave carried him towards shore and his head broke the surface. He shook his hair out and grinned at me, coming back over.

                The two us body surfed together for a little, me laughing. Trace looked like he was having fun, even though he didn’t really smile, laugh, and throw a freaking party. Still, there was the ghost of a smile on his face, and that was enough.

                We stopped after a while, our knees cut up and bloody from the sand. We grabbed our clothes and got back in the car. Trace rolled the windows down so that the wind could dry us off a little.