My...Stepbrother? {10}

“It’s not what good girls do! Not how they should behave! My head gets so confused!”

                “Kory! Shut up! You’re gay!”

                “Trace! Shut up! You’re mean!”

                He glared at me and I waved innocently, one arm around Zeke’s neck as he carried me. Trace shook his head in annoyance and turned back. I stuck my tongue out at his back and Zeke chuckled.

                We got the elementary school and Trace went into the supply shed. He came out with the same soccer ball and rolled it to me before getting in the goal with gloves on this time.

                Zeke watched in amusement as I spent a half hour shooting on Trace, scoring 2/3 of the time. Trace grabbed the ball as I shot it and glared, panting a little from all the jumping and diving he had been doing.

                “We’re done for today,” he growled. “We’re doing it again tomorrow. You’re getting tired, and I want you to shoot as hard as you can each time.”

                He carried the ball back to the supply shed and Zeke came over to me with a huge grin on his face. “Wow Kory! That was awesome!” he whisper-cried, not wanting Trace to hear him.

                “Aw shucks,” I said with an innocent grin.

                “Let’s go!” Trace snapped, standing outside of the supply shed and glaring at us.

                “Aw, someone’s a little moody!” I said with a frown as we made our way over to him. I glanced over at the swings and my face lit up. “SWINGS!”

                I ran towards them and stopped when I got to the torn up part of the dirt. I glared and pointed an accusing finger at it.

                “I know you’re working with my mom’s car. Don’t with me, buddy. I KNOW KORY-FU!” I jumped over it and did a victory dance when I didn’t get tripped. I skipped over to the swings and sat on one, kicking myself off into the air joyfully.

                “Zeke! Come join me; I’m lonely!” I whined, looking over my shoulder at him and pouting. He laughed, his face slightly pink, and came over to the swings.

                He sat next to me and kicked himself into the air next to me. “Come on Trace! Come swing!” he called with a smile.

                Trace glared and shook his head stubbornly. “No! We’re not little kids anymore Zeke. Get off the swings and let’s go back to my house!” he snapped.

                Zeke and I shook our heads stubbornly, mimicking Trace with grins. “Nope! Kory and I are having fun!” Zeke said with a laugh.

                “Come on you dumbass! Let’s go back to my house and go swimming,” Trace said impatiently, tapping his foot and looking absolutely adorable.

                Wait? Swimming? Trace with no shirt on?

                “LET’S GO SWIMMING!” I screamed eagerly, momentarily forgetting I was in the air on a swing as I jumped off and fell flat on my face.

                Zeke exploded into laughter and I groaned and sat up. Wow, I should win an award for how smooth I am…

                Zeke jumped off his swing and landed next to me gracefully. He pulled me to my feet, still laughing. “Are you o-okay?” he asked, trying to get himself under control.