My...Stepbrother? {20}

***Trace’s POV***

                Juliet’s mom let me into the house and I made my way up to Juliet’s room. I tried to go in, but the door was locked. Annoyed, I pounded my fists on it. “Juliet! Open up,” I said impatiently.

                She unlocked the door and opened it, letting me in. “Sorry Trace. I didn’t know you were coming,” she said, shutting the door once I was sitting on her bed.

                She came and sat next to me. She pressed her lips to mine lovingly and I shoved her away from me. She stared at me in shock.

                “Trace…what the hell?” she asked in hurt.

                “I’m breaking up with you,” I said flatly. “We’re through.”

                Juliet’s eyes widened. “W-What?” she whispered shakily.

                “You heard me. Don’t play dumb. You know I hate that. We. Are. Through.” I stood up and cracked my neck. “Sorry.”

                “Trace! Why?” she asked desperately. “Please no! Trace, please! I love you!”

                “I don’t love you. I thought I did, but I don’t. Sorry Juliet. I just don’t want to be with you anymore,” I said. My mind flashed to Kory and I forced myself not to smile a little. That would get a TV chucked at my head. Girls could be violent when you dumped them. I still had the scar from the last crazy bitch I dumped.

                “Trace, we’re not through!” she said furiously, standing up and glaring at me. “We’re not!”

                “You sound like a child, and we are,” I said simply, shrugging. “I said sorry. But we’re through. I don’t have feelings for you anymore Juliet. Don’t make this difficult. My mind is made up.”

                “So, what? You just used me for sex? Is that it Trace Saunders? Just use a girl and dump her?” she hissed, her eyes flashing.

                I sighed in annoyance. “Juliet, if I had used you for sex, I would’ve fucked you and dumped you a long time ago. I didn’t use you for sex, and don’t try to make it seem that way. Besides, you were willing, so shut up. I didn’t use you. I just don’t have feelings for you anymore. Why would I stay with someone I didn’t have feelings for?”

                Annoyed with her now, I turned and left her bedroom. I was about half way down the stairs before she screamed my name and came out of her room. Oh brother. Here we go again with crazy chicks. I just knew how to pick em, huh?

                I hit the bottom of the stairs just as she started coming down them. “Trace Saunders you get back here right NOW!” she screamed furiously.

                She grabbed my arm roughly, digging her nails into it. Dammit. Why were the quiet, nice girls always the ones who turned violent during the break up? No wonder Kory and Zeke were gay.

                “Juliet! What is going on here?” her dad demanded, coming out with her mom.

                “He’s trying to break up with me! Trace, please don’t!” she cried, breaking down into the inevitable tears. Oh wonderful. Now her dad was watching.

                I pried her hand off my arm. “Juliet. We’re through. How many times do I have to say it? You’re making this harder than it has to be!” I snapped.