My...Stepbrother? {6}

“Are we almost there?” I whined. We had been walking forever! I swear we were about 5 steps away from falling off the face of the freaking earth.

                “Yes!” Trace snapped in annoyance. He shot me a dirty look before turning back to walk hand-in-hand with his girlfriend. I stuck my tongue out at his back and Zeke laughed.

                “Zeke! Give me a piggy back ride?” I asked with puppy dog eyes. Zeke laughed and bent over so that I could get on his back.

                I did my victory dance before jumping onto his back. Once he was sure he wasn’t going to drop me, Zeke began to walk again.

                “Sorry that Trace gives you all that shit for being gay,” he said with a sigh after a few moments of silence. I realized we were far enough behind Trace and Juliet that they wouldn’t hear us.

                I shrugged. “It’s fine. I’m used to it. I got it a lot at my old school from homophobes. His dad makes my mom happy, so I’ll deal with it,” I said with a positive smile.

                “Trace’s dad is such a cool guy! It still confuses me how Brandon is such a happy and fun guy, and Trace is just…Trace,” he said with a little laugh.

                I laughed with him. “Yea, Brandon’s rad as hell. Trace seems okay, just a little moody!” I said, earning another small laugh from Zeke.

                “Rad? Moody? Corny, you’re a really odd guy,” he said and shook his head in amusement. I stuck my finger in my mouth, got it nice and wet, and plopped it right in Zeke’s ear like the mature boy I was.

                “AH! WET WILLY!” he cried and dropped me, rubbing furiously at his ear. I fell to the ground and pouted at the sky. Yea, I’m pouting at you Mr. Sky! You’re not here on the ground with a broken back! Psh. Jerk.

                “Jerk!” Zeke whined as if he were reading my thoughts.

                “You’re the one who dropped me!” I whined right back.

                “Because you gave me a wet willy!”

                “It’s not polite to drop a person!”

                “It’s not polite to shove your saliva covered finger in someone’s ear!”

                “It’s not polite to point out things like that!”

                “It’s not polite to be as ugly as you!”

                “It’s not polite to have such a tiny dick!”

                We glared at each other before bursting into laughter. Zeke pulled me to my feet and I jumped on his back again. He walked a little faster seeing as Trace and Juliet hadn’t stopped to wait for us. Meany faces!

                “So is Juliet anything like Trace?” I asked curiously. Zeke shook his head and sighed.

                “Nope. Not at all. She’s really nice. I don’t get how she can date Trace. I mean, don’t get me wrong; Trace is my best friend. He has been since we were infants. But he’s an asshole, and everyone, including him and his dad, knows it,” he said.

                “Aw Trace can’t be that bad!” I said with a frown. Why wouldn’t my mom have warned me that Trace was, uh, not that nicest person in the world?