This One

Joey's POV

I stood in the line, my hands trembling. There were 26 patients, including me, in line and there were 20 buyers. Silently, I prayed that I wouldn't be selected. A short man with brown hair walked up and down the line, and I stated straight ahead, trying to not attract any attention to myself. He stopped in front of a young girl, probably about 16 years old, and violated her with his stare. A smile crept across his lips and he grabbed her forcefully by the arm, yanking her out of the line. Handing a stack of money to one of the men that pulled me out of the room, he left, pulling the girl by the hair as she sobbed.

A few more people were sold, including my therapist. A small lump rose in my throat and I almost shed a tear as she was pulled away. My heart raced as a thin boy who looked like he was 17 with long black hair and menacing dark eyes stopped in front of me. My heart pounded and I didn't dare move a muscle. He looked at me up and down, analyzing every inch of my body. He reached his hand up and gently stroked my face.

"Hey, no touching unless you buy!" said one of the men running the show. The boy shot him an evil glare. I could practically see the red tinted in his eyes. Finally, he stared me straight in the eye and said 2 life-changing words.

"This one."

Grabbing me by the collar of my shirt, he yanked me out of the line and threw a stack of money into the man's hand. Just before we exited the building, I shot a look back to the patients. One young girl named Clarissa, only 12, had a tear in her eye. We had developed a strong bond. Both of her parents died in a severe car crash and it drove her to insanity. I gave her a look that told her not to cry and to be strong. I was dragged into the parking lot toward a beat up truck.

"Get in the car," he barked. I didn't move a muscle.

"Get in the freaking car!" he growled, slapping me hard across the face. I cringed in pain, doing what I was told to avoid any more pain. As soon as I sat in the seat, he grabbed a pair of handcuffs off the floor and cuffed me to the seat. When he went around the other side and got into the car, he spoke to me.

"I might as well introduce myself because we have a long ride ahead of us. My name is Jason. You are...?"

"Joey," I mumbled.

"Speak up, sweetie. It's easier to cooperate than to be stubborn."

"Joey," I almost screamed, full of sadness, anger, and pain. I was probably never going to see my family or friends again. And Jett, sweet little Jett. I would never get to see his shining face again. This was definitely going to be a long ride.

____________

So yeah... I haven't been updating that much, like once a month.

But thanks for supporting this story! It means the world to me.

Now listen... I hate adding characters who are made up /  not famous, but I just did for this because I Couldn't think of any youtubers good for this part.

ALMOST 4000 READS OMG ASDGWIFHMFISDJSKFMKFD I CANT EVEN

tHANK yOU sO mUCH!!!

Peace!

*puts on sunglasses and walks away while eating a cupcake*