ғᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

Brett and I finished up our food plus the conversation going around the entire carnival. It was now getting dark now and Brett decided for us to go to the pier. We were walking down the pier, Brett holding the teddy bear on his shoulders and I was laughing at a story he was telling me.

"Stop, I can't breathe." I said, shaking my head as I held my stomach making him laugh.

"I'm not kidding. Lori got me right in the forehead and next thing I know, I'm spotting an egg on my head for a week." Brett says as we got to the end of the pier and I leaned against the plank of wood laughing.

"I need evidence, you know for science purposes."

"Like I need you hanging that over my head for the rest of my life."

"Oh but I do Brett." I said, smirking as I kept laughing and he smiles at me, "So Satomi, is your..."

"She's like my mum, she took Lori and I in when we were little. Satomi took us in like her own."

"What happened to your parents?"

"They died in a house fire when we were young."

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay, it was a long time ago."

"Are you both werewolves? You and your sister?"

"Yeah, born werewolves." Brett says and I nodded as I looked out to the water that was under us, "How did you find out you were a witch?"

"I was a freshman, I think or a bit before that. It had started with little things like predicting things, kind of like being a psychic. And being a kid with anger issues on top of bipolar, my moods would change and things would burst around me."

"What happened?"

"At first I thought it was just a coincidence but I knew deep down it wasn't. I have a habit of ignoring things thinking it will solve on it's own." I said, chuckling lightly making Brett chuckle too, "You'd think I'd see the signs of me not relating to any of my parents."

"Meaning?"

"Meaning my mum didn't know what to do and my dad wasn't around when I was a kid, he left. I had a thought at the back of my head that I was nothing like my parents, I could've sworn I was from a different planet."

"Your dad left your mum to raise two kids on her own?"

"He was a drunk."

"And that's why you don't drink." He says and I pushed a hair behind my ear, thinking about the day my he had left.

"My dad when I was young, was a raging alcoholic. He would come home drunk most of the time and my mum would be pissed. One day they were fighting, I remember because I was awake. I couldn't sleep." I said, thinking back, "Scott comes into my room, knowing I can't sleep because of it and he holds me. My parents at this point had brought their fight upstairs right outside our door. Scott gets up and I protest for him not to leave, he goes out there with his saviour complex trying to defend mum against dad."

"He's always had a saviour complex, huh?" Brett asked chuckling and I smiled nodding as I looked at him, "Then what happens?" My smile drops off my face as I looked at him.

"He hits Scott and Scott tumbles down the stairs, he was knocked out for a couple seconds but when he woke up he had no memory of it."

"Your dad hit Scott?"

"It was the first time he did that and my mum kicked him out. From that day my dad swore he never touched the bottle again and I swore I would never. Seeing what it did to my dad everyday growing up, puts me off. I mean, drinking would only make my diagnosis' worse so."