ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

I felt something warm on the side of my face, making me frown as I opened my eyes only to shut them as the sun hits me. I bring my hand up to my face rubbing my eyes before opening them and sitting up. I looked around realising I wasn't in my room, making me frown as I tried to remember.

Suddenly, flashes of what happened yesterday comes back along with the anger and sadness. I had gotten to Brett's house last night in such a mess, I cried more to him not really explaining anything. I showered to try and calm me down, but even coming out I couldn't stop how shitty I was feeling.

I remembered I fell asleep in Brett's arms as I cried, I looked around to try and spot where Brett was but didn't see him. He must've slept somewhere else.

Where else would he sleep? You took over his bed.

I shake the thoughts away when I get out of his bed, I walked over to the door and I looked around to see if anyone was around. I walked down the stairs and I could hear someone in the kitchen, I walked in to see Brett cooking.

"Hey, you're up." Brett says and I nodded at him, "Here take a seat." I didn't say anything as I sat at the counter, he smiles at me.

"Are your family home?" I said, looking around not hearing anyone and I looked back at him.

"No, Satomi took my sister out for the day."

"Is it kind of a dumb question to ask if they know I'm here? I kind of came here uninvited."

"No, you're fine. I told Satomi you stopped by last night and she's fine with it."

"She's fine with a girl sleeping in your room?" I said, raising an eyebrow smiling a little and Brett chuckles. He turns off the stove as he dishes the food on the plates, handing me one.

"I slept downstairs so yeah. Here you go."

"I'm sorry for taking over your room, you can have it back tonight."

"It's fine, you looked like you needed it." Brett says as he comes beside me and I started digging into the food, I smiled looking at him.

"It's good."

"Thank you, I worked very hard on this."

"I'm sure you did." I said, smiling as I looked back at the food and the overwhelming feeling came back, feeling my eyes get watery before I blinked it away.

"You alright?" Brett asked and I could feel his eyes on me, I turned away to wipe the tears away before putting on a smile looking at him.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine. Uh, thanks for the food and the bed but I should probably get going." I said, getting up but he gets up too stopping me.

"Hey, you don't have to leave."

"No, I should be. I wasn't even supposed to come here last night and I don't know why I did, I had no right to do that. Not after bailing on you."

"It's okay. Carmen, look at me." Brett says, moving my head with his finger under my chin to make me look at him, "You don't need to apologise for anything. Obviously something happened last night and you don't have to talk about it, but don't feel bad for coming here. I'm just glad you're okay."

"I feel like an idiot." I said, looking at him as I felt more tears coming to my face. He wipes it with his thumb, before holding my face in his hand.

"You're not an idiot." He says and I couldn't help but feel at calm standing with him. A look or a touch from Brett eased everything in me and I had no idea why he had that effect over me.

"So, why don't we finish breakfast and then go out today?"

"What?" I said, chuckling through my tears and he smiles, pushing a strand of my hair out of my face.