Chapter 37 - activated

(This is short because it's like an introduction to the next part of the book - I have to get my mind set to write it... so bear with me on this it's going to be full on so I need to work it out....but anyway... not sure whether to put this the next lot in a new book... please let me know what you think... if I should or not)

Elhendhril felt the connection, alter and change.

He became more aware of two things, the feel of the Earth changing around him shifting in it's own unique way and the second thing... was that the Sleepers were no longer fully asleep.

He could sense the soft tendrils that had grown through the sarcophaguses entombing the sleepers as they caressed their skin and while their bodies felt cold and dead through their touch, the sleeper's brains were certainly no loner in a catatonic state, the roots whispering against their foreheads vibrating with their awakening.

Elhendhril mentally frowned, this was not foretold in the prophecy, what did it mean? His strength ebbed too fast for him to think coherently and he succumbed to the darkness.

Something pulled on his conscious and he struggled to push his senses through the thick blanket of inertia that paralysed him and drained him of his strength. It was the sense of life above him, way above him but he could feel them, humans brushing past the leaves on the trees, it irritated him when they snapped off the twigs in their way and started to pull grass out by it roots as they cleared an area.

Hate burned again ripe with the distaste of careless destruction of nature. Soon they would feel his destructive powers and then the natural world would live in peace once again.

The grass was pounded upon in some form of dance, he could almost feel the beating of the heels of feet ramming into the earth, the twist and the turns of the bodies above him. The earth that felt elusive to his power grabs now.

On and on it went, Elhendhril must have passed out again because he woke to a new sound. The sound of liquid, sloshing down the walls of the cavity that entombed them... it took a minute or two for him to work out what it was.

Sluggish liquid.

Warm.

Blood. Human blood.

The smell hit him as it travelled either side of him making his non-feeling stomach turn with phantom nausea.

Why would blood be dripping down into their tomb?

And why was it soaking into the sleepers tombs.

**

(Rieden POV)

The Earth quakes had finally ceased and they had all sat around waiting, each occupied with their own thoughts except for Asren and Alliyah who were smiling and whispering to each other as they cuddled up. Konall gazed at them proudly and with happiness. Rieden closed his eyes and was about to catch up on some rest when a creaking noise caused them to snap open.

Toron was reforming into his Elven features, bark crumbing and cracking as his sculpted face took its shape.

His face twisted to gaze out of the dome, his huge body clearly on alert. Rieden quickly glanced around to see that Konall, Asren and Alliyah were also watching him avidly.

Toron gestured to the dome and Rieden let it fall back into his conscious. The woods outside the dome were flourishing as normal and were alive with activity.  He could feel The slightest change in the taste of the woods, the feeling of a saturated power shift. Toron strode out from their company without a backward glance, the changes obviously not affecting him.