Chapter 36 - something to remember

OKay guys... sorry about the wait here lol... I seriously am not good at these scenes and had to giggle like a maniac with a friend writing it... so thanks to one of my besties TG. Love you lol....thank you for your help.... ok phew here we go....

Rieden felt the link tremble and blaze with the feral need that emanated from Talon, its heat burning through his senses snapping savagely against the edges of his block. He had to get to where Asren was camped out but knew if he didn't stop and reinforce his mental barriers he be would useless to help anyone. Standing perfectly still he centred himself drawing on all his strength and training. He had heard many tales of the rut but Talon's need and power was far greater than any that he had ever heard of. As ferocious as her need he also found it glorious and befitting and he prayed Channing would survive this brutal consummation.

Asren was watching the trees when he emerged his body strained, his face twisted with need and desire. This was the reason females weren't supposed to bond with two males before they had their first mating. Asren would be feeling Talon's desperation and lust. Suddenly he watched as Asren hunched over with a painful groan, digging his fingers into the soil beneath him sweat shining on his torso. When he was able to raise his head he deliberately kept his eyes from Alliyah who was positioned safely near Konall. His teeth were grinding together in his need to possess her.

Rieden could see that Asren would not be able to cope with this much longer, the strain clearly eating through whatever internal reserves he was pulling on.

It would be disastrous for his relationship with Alliyah if he gave into Talon's need blazing through the link, Alliyah would not survive it, although Rieden was sure that she would succumb to Asren's will. Because she loved him and unfortunately there was no fear in her eyes only concern. If she knew what he was dealing with she would be fearful.

Very fearful.

The first rut was always brutal but in all his time he never had heard of an Ice female so consumed with such savage and primal need as Talon.

"He's not going to last. Just how bad is she getting?" Konall murmured lowly. His face lined with worry.

"Let's just say, nothing would be safe if it stood between her and Channing," Rieden shook his head.

"It's too early," Konall murmured lost in thought as he gazed into the distance. After a minute he looked back at Rieden his eyes serious. "Her powers. Will they intensify or do you think she will gain more?"

"To be totally truthful, it's something I hadn't wanted to think about just yet," Rieden said ironically. Unthinkingly Alliyah snorted at his sarcastic tone catching Asren's attention. As his gaze fell upon her time slowed and somewhere was heard a soft gasp as he moved forward. His movements intent and predatory, the very air around him shimmering with the untamed energy in every step. Alliyah eyes widened, her throat made a choking noise as she fell to her knees as she finally realised Asren's need to ravage could kill her.

In desperation Rieden quickly threw up an immense dome of power over the clearing.

Ancient incantations burst from him as he tried to weaken the link between Asren and Talon. His power wavering and draining him but he continued louder and stronger until Asren suddenly swayed and stumbled to a halt towering over the shaken Alliyah. The wild excitement slowly fading from his glowing eyes, his voice broken as he tried to speak. Konall ran to him just as Asren's body folded in on itself collapsing into his brother's arms. Rieden raced forward to help lower him to the ground.

Alliyah lifted Asren's head into her lap and stroked his hair back from his forehead relaxing as she heard him sigh.

"Was that from Talon?" she asked her eyes still wide from shock.