Chapter 28 - Can a Hellhound be tamed

"What's happening Rieden?" Asren growled pushing Alliyah behind him as he stood up alertly.

Rieden couldn't help the smile that bloomed on his face; he almost felt whole again, he knew he would when he saw her.

"He did it, he bought her back to us," it was Asren he looked at when he said that, no one else, he saw his lips part and his chest heave.

This was a very interesting situation, one in which Asren would have to tread with extreme care, "I'm going to go up to her, she said that Alliyah can take you up to the cave?" he glanced at Alliyah who nodded. "That you are all welcome there... but she warned that no one is to approach the land near the tree. She said Alliyah would know where that is."

"How?" Asren asked quietly, "how did he do it?"

Rieden thought he detected a suspicious edge to his second question.

"I don't know but he did that is all that matters," Rieden stood and stretched ready to go up and see his wolf girl.

"On the contrary Rieden, I believe it is a majorly important question. It's rather coincidental that he could undo whatever was done to her don't you think? Maybe it was the plan all along to let him get close to her." Asren looked every bit an inner circle male now as stalked around anger and concern radiating from his every move.

There was no doubt that he was Talon's... Rieden glanced at Alliyah who didn't seem at all worried about his tirade over Talon. He shook his head, he could sense her power but so far it lay there untapped, she certainly wasn't living up to any Ice female missives.

"I don't think he was involved Asren, I know a desperate man when I encounter one," Rieden said gently. "He would die for her, of that I'm sure."

"We'll soon find out if that's the case," Asren muttered under his breath.

" Sorry I know it's not any of my business but what do you mean 'back to you?" Alliyah asked in her soft, sweet voice.

Rieden indulged her with a warm smile, she really was sweet thing, the exact thing a blazing being like Asren needed to ground him, she wouldn't offer the level of challenge Talon exuded. Even now she knew to change the flow of his focus.

There was still the matter of Asren's desire to blood contact with Talon, in Rieden's view it was the safer choice for Talon... it was one reason he couldn't wait to see Channing with her, because if he did display any worrying behaviour Rieden was going to have to step in and protect his Ice Slayer.

However, if Channing posed no threat to Talon he would certainly pose one to Asren and now that he was with her there would be no mucking around he would be aiming to kill any competition hard and fast.

Knowing Talon, as she was before, he was sure she would have no qualms about Asren becoming one of her circle and mating with Alliyah. Talon always worried about the happiness of others, the comfort of others, he imagined she would probably regale Alliyah with question about whether she was sure it was okay with her.

"Do you want to go up Alliyah?" Asren cupped her face tenderly in his hands.

"I certainly don't want to go home... yuk" Alliyah shuddered, obviously picturing Talon's killing spree that Channing and he had stumbled upon... and they had just seen the almost cleaned up part. He had learnt that she was indeed a intimate party to the bloodshed.

Rieden rubbed his hands together, "let's get going then shall we?"

When he stepped into the woods, Rieden stood still under the scrutiny, he felt her in the air. The woods resumed its flurry of activity and he felt the assessment fade away.