Galen and Sylvia Part 3

-I must have fallen asleep because I found myself lying at the bottom of the stairs, alone. Galen had not returned, the wounds on my wings had healed and my feathers, as Cianan had said, grew back. I smiled, but what did this mean? Where was he? His plan must not have been- the door opened and Galen appeared, shirtless, in boxers. I blushed as he carried many comforters down.

“What happened?”

“Um well…do you want the truth?”

“Of course!” I cried.

“I had to mate with her to convince her that I was still her little pet. If I had not taken her so called reward…do you think she would have bought it?”

“I…” I almost felt horror stricken. But I quickly recovered, masking my inner feelings. “Ah, but it worked!” I said cheerfully, if not too cheerful.

“Yeah…for what it’s worth.” He seemed to shudder at the thought. He had returned to me, whatever I had done, kept him himself, even if for a little while. It was not a permanent fix. He then spread out the comforters on the stone floor, making a thick comforting bed.

“Where is she?” I asked hurriedly.

“Out cold on the bed, are you hungry? Should I get you something to eat?”

“Can I come with you upstairs?” I murmured.

“I suppose so. Are you sure we should not just leave right now?”

“I do not think you will be able to leave Galen.”

“Why not?”

“If she is a demon priestess, she may have planned if something like this might happen. Who knows what spells she may have prepared so that you may not leave the area. I do not want to risk it until I am positive you are free of her.”

“So your saying you plan to kill her?”

“…I am unsure, even with my powers at full potential, I do not know if I could manage taking her on. Right now I am very weak.”

“I’ll help you recover, I’ll allow you to raid the kitchen with me.”

“Is there any others?”

“She has a couple spirit servants but they do not mind my presence.”

“Hmm…Alright, I may be able to free them from this place.”

“Free them?”

“Yes, send them to heaven. But that of course, may need to happen after I, well, if I kill her.”

“Can you walk?” He offered me his hand, I took it and he pulled me to my feet.

“Sylvia…if I may, you are the most beautiful being I have ever laid eyes on.” His voice echoed in my mind, but affected me in such a manner, I could not stand. He then lifted me into his arms and carried me up the steps. “Th-thank  you.”  I stammered. He walked down the long hallways with me, he entered through a swinging door. Inside the kitchen it seemed to be chaos. I could make out light figures moving, bustling pots and pans around. It was a spectacle to watch items floating about. But the food was plentiful. “Still hungry?” He asked me.

“Quite.” I replied as he set me on my feet. He handed me a plate from a stack. “Do they see us as we see them?” He asked.

“I do not know.” The spirits busy preparing food seemed to not realize the two of us. I walked down the kitchen side, and started moving food onto my plate, hot buttered mashed potatoes and rolls, thinly sliced breaded chicken drizzled with sweet sauce, cheesy pasta and a small spoonful of chocolate pudding.